Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scaffolding in Australia

Scaffolding in Australia

Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Elena86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scaffolding in Australia

Hey, me, my husband and son are looking to move to Australia. My husbands a scaffolder here and he is fully qualified. Are scaffolders in demand at the moment? How are the wages?
Any infomation on scaffolding in Australia would be grateful, thanks.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Scaffolding in Australia

Is he an Australian citizen? If not, you are probably out of luck - scaffolding is not on the list of occupations in demand, so it'll be hard to get a visa. Does he have any other trade qualifications? Roofers are on the list for example.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 12:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elena86
Hey, me, my husband and son are looking to move to Australia. My husbands a scaffolder here and he is fully qualified. Are scaffolders in demand at the moment? How are the wages?
Any infomation on scaffolding in Australia would be grateful, thanks.
Do you qualify for a visa? You won't be moving to Australia without one. www.immi.gov.au
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Elena86 is an unknown quantity at this point

He's a fully qualified scaffolder but he's not qualified in anything else. His supervisor from work actually knows someone running a scaffodling firm in Australia. Would he be able to get a visa that way?

We actually were planning on moving to the USA our visas have been approved but scaffolding isnt doing well there and we heard it was in demand in Australia.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Hi

from my experience i would say that here in Melbourne they tend to do all work off of booms ..... and i mean everything

the 2 years i have worked here on big jobs up in the city i have used a scaffold twice and that was only because a boom couldn't be used
Old Oct 12th 2012, 8:24 am
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

Just a thought, have you looked at Christchurch, New Zealand?
their construction industry should be getting into high gear soon, after all its only been 2 years since they had their big shake.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 1:49 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
Hi

from my experience i would say that here in Melbourne they tend to do all work off of booms ..... and i mean everything

the 2 years i have worked here on big jobs up in the city i have used a scaffold twice and that was only because a boom couldn't be used
I know what your're on about'I was in a cherry picker yesterday' but are you talking commercial?The OP would get get plenty of work in domestic.
Even single storey requires safety rails/scaff for roof work.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

British scaffolders are well respected out here and there is loads of work for them. Unfortunately it's not classed as a trade so he would need to find a sponsor.

Keel
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elena86
He's a fully qualified scaffolder but he's not qualified in anything else. His supervisor from work actually knows someone running a scaffodling firm in Australia. Would he be able to get a visa that way?

We actually were planning on moving to the USA our visas have been approved but scaffolding isnt doing well there and we heard it was in demand in Australia.
Scaffolder is not on the occupation list at all, this means it does not qualify for employer sponsorship even. Australia isn't going to happen unless you can get the visa?