Saying goodbyes

Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:32 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Thumbs down Saying goodbyes

It's just awful We have 1 week left here in Crewe before going to my mum's in Yorkshire then fly on 23rd.

We've only been in Crewe 5 years but I'm realising how many people I know here. My daughter went to a toddler group this morning for the last time and they'd got her a present and made us a cake.

And I've just taken both kids to the hairdressers here for the last time and hairdresser gave us a hug.

Ohhh how am I going to get through this last week without bawling in public and making an embarrassment of myself We have a leaving party for the kids on Sunday and I'm going to find it hard not to burst into tears...

Where's the crying smilie??
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

michellef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saying goodbyes

Originally Posted by Spikey
It's just awful We have 1 week left here in Crewe before going to my mum's in Yorkshire then fly on 23rd.

We've only been in Crewe 5 years but I'm realising how many people I know here. My daughter went to a toddler group this morning for the last time and they'd got her a present and made us a cake.

And I've just taken both kids to the hairdressers here for the last time and hairdresser gave us a hug.

Ohhh how am I going to get through this last week without bawling in public and making an embarrassment of myself We have a leaving party for the kids on Sunday and I'm going to find it hard not to burst into tears...

Hi there,

youve made me well up just reading that !! god help me we dont leave until the end of january !! LOL
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:46 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

i'm dreading the goodbyes and i'm a bloke .... i think
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:49 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing the same here.. leaving for the US next week having lived in the UK 11 years and I am a hairdresser so I'm getting cuddles and kisses all day long, some of my clients start crying and they make me cry.. I hate saying good bye.. I have everybody's e-mail addresses and I intend to keep in touch, have you asked for all your friends' e-mail addresses?

Best wishes..
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:00 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
LOL - you *think* you're a bloke, or you *think* you're dreading the goodbyes? Good luck when your time comes
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:01 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by michellef
Hi there,

youve made me well up just reading that !! god help me we dont leave until the end of january !! LOL
It's such a mixture of emotions, I feel excited and happy to get to Oz at last but kind of sad and guilty to when I see that people are genuinely sorry to see us go.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:03 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by anabella
I'm doing the same here.. leaving for the US next week having lived in the UK 11 years and I am a hairdresser so I'm getting cuddles and kisses all day long, some of my clients start crying and they make me cry.. I hate saying good bye.. I have everybody's e-mail addresses and I intend to keep in touch, have you asked for all your friends' e-mail addresses?

Best wishes..
All the best to you too. Yes I'm doing the email thing, I've also set up a myspace page so I can post pics and keep in touch that way.

It's not so much the good friends I know who will keep in touch with us. It's more the acquaintances who I don't know that well, not well enough to email etc but will still miss....
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:36 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for your last week and your new lives. Thats the part im really dreading, it upsets me just thinking about it and we dont even have our visa yet.

Marks dad lives in Crewe.

Where abouts are you heading?

Joex
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:44 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
All the best for your last week and your new lives. Thats the part im really dreading, it upsets me just thinking about it and we dont even have our visa yet.

Marks dad lives in Crewe.

Where abouts are you heading?

Joex
Hi - we're off to Melbourne

We've only had our visas for 3 weeks, but we've been 2.5 years planning! It feels like the *end* has come about so quickly, a couple of people I spoke to today had no idea we were emigrating.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:00 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - we're off to Melbourne

We've only had our visas for 3 weeks, but we've been 2.5 years planning! It feels like the *end* has come about so quickly, a couple of people I spoke to today had no idea we were emigrating.

Blimey, you dont hang about. Have you been to Melbourne before?

Dont think about it as the end, look at it as the beginning of a great new life.

Joex
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:42 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I know how goodbyes go - I have done plenty of them too! I just got back from Bath where I went to say Bye to the family - although, I wasn't out and out crying, I was sad.

I have said goodbye to them before - back in 83 when aged 8 we moved to Australia.

Since being back in England (7 years now) I haven't really been that close to them. I don't think it is living in London that has done that, I think it is also not having grown up with them....

I get to say goodbye to the 'out-laws' tomorrow night....

I just wanna get on the plane now and be done with it all....
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Saying goodbyes shortly to another 3 expat familes going back to various parts, hate it turnover of people since we have been here is so high.

Stood at the school gates last week waving goodbye to a family we will in reality probably never see again, my little ones best friend, totally heart wrenching.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

That avatar looks familiar.....
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:40 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Saying goodbyes shortly to another 3 expat familes going back to various parts, hate it turnover of people since we have been here is so high.

Stood at the school gates last week waving goodbye to a family we will in reality probably never see again, my little ones best friend, totally heart wrenching.

Awwwwww... I bet that was hard to watch

but he'll make new friends though.. it's very easy for children to adapt to change
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:06 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I try not to say goodbye. I just say. Till the next time i see you. Which i usually do at some point in the future.. Its not goodbye. Its just till the next time. You will find if you think that. It is easier. BTW tell them to come and see you in Oz. Good luck anyway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.