Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Saying goodbye's

Saying goodbye's

Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Saying goodbye's

Well the time has come to start saying farewell to all our close friends and relatives.

I have said goodbye to work collegues but family and friends are next. Just thinking about it making my stomach lurch and my eyes fill up. I'm not sure how i will cope but will try for my son's sake.

I cry at anything so god knows what I will be like. At the moment I am keeping it all together but for how long I don't know.

It's strange because I find myself saying goodbye but I seem to put up a barrier which allows me to switch off my emotions. This however, is getting harder and harder to do.

Oh well, just wanted to share my feeling with someone as most people don't really understand what you are going through.

Mandy
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Saying goodbye's

Mandy,
try saying 'See you' instead of goodbye, might not seem as final! just a thought as that's what i intend to do at our leaving party 13th August
Hugs
Rach xxx
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:20 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

We had a goodbye evening at the local pub and two years on I still have fond memories of the evening. We did not take our children cause at the time I did not want then mixed up with the fact I was possibly going to cry my eyes out at doing something I told them would be wonderful for all of us!

Go for it and enjoy.....and get someone with a camera (not video!) to take snaps of your evening and have fun looking at them a few years on...........

Have lots and lots of fun
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:26 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saying goodbye's

I know it is really hard to say bye, but try and focus on why you are leaving the UK. The people that mean the most to you will certainly stay in touch anyway!!

Love
Lucy
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I am well known for either crying or pi**ing myself.
I was standing in the kitchen at work today talking to someone whom I vaguely know.

`You re off soon arent you` she said
`yeah not long now` I replied.

With that my eyes completely filled, tears poured down my face (as they have started again now) and I had to run to the loo!!

She must have thought I was crackers!!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Pi**y pants!

Sandra, i think that you must be taking in too much fluid for it to be coming out of both ends at the same time!
hugs Rach xxx
p.s. thanks for your email, i'll reply in a bit xx
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:32 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sj oldfield
I am well known for either crying or pi**ing myself.
I was standing in the kitchen at work today talking to someone whom I vaguely know.

`You re off soon arent you` she said
`yeah not long now` I replied.

With that my eyes completely filled, tears poured down my face (as they have started again now) and I had to run to the loo!!

She must have thought I was crackers!!!

After reading a few of your posts, YOU ARE CRACKERS. But in a lovable sorta way.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl She's one of a kind is our Sandra
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Definately feel crackers today.
I honestly think I take on too much, then cant keep up with it all.

perhaps I ought to `let go` a bit
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Definately feel crackers today.
I honestly think I take on too much, then cant keep up with it all.

perhaps I ought to `let go` a bit

Awwwh you poor thing. I'm sure most people on here know how you're feeling though.
I know in someways I'm dreading leaving, especially as I'm leaving the UK by myself, then in other ways I can't wait (looking forward to seeing my boyf sooooooooo much .) I had a meeting with the woman organising my wedding reception today, and this weekend I am going to Ireland with my bestest and oldest friend - got to keep focusing on why you're going and give yourself the best time you can whilst you're here... .plenty more good times ahead of you too I'm sure
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

SuziTattoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank goodness I'm not the only one - me & hubbie are off to Perth on Sunday and I am like a waterworks at the moment - just wish I could miss this horrible part out as it's so sad, but has to be done- said goodbye to aged grandparents today and that was a nightmare - dreading the sister, nephew, mum & dad part on sat - wish me luck - i think i'm going to need it! i just keep reminding myself of why we're doing it and know that this feeling wont last forever....hopefully!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by SuziTattoo
Thank goodness I'm not the only one - me & hubbie are off to Perth on Sunday and I am like a waterworks at the moment - just wish I could miss this horrible part out as it's so sad, but has to be done- said goodbye to aged grandparents today and that was a nightmare - dreading the sister, nephew, mum & dad part on sat - wish me luck - i think i'm going to need it! i just keep reminding myself of why we're doing it and know that this feeling wont last forever....hopefully!

I know - I told my boyf I wanted a Star Trek transporter so I could just beam across there easily and quickly! My Dad works in Ireland Mon-Fri and has take the day off to be in the UK, my brother's trying to get the morning off work.... its just all too much!!

Good luck for Sunday - you'll love it once you're there I'm sure (& your family and friends will love visiting you as well )
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

SuziTattoo is an unknown quantity at this point

That's exactly what we need - why hasn't anyone invented one yet!? That would make the goodbyes a lot easier I'm sure we're going to be fine - I'll be keeping kleenex in business for the next few days... Good luck with your move and your packing (if you're anything like me, you'll need it
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

It's a real rollercoaster isn't it?

Feeling much more positive again, had a viewing on the house tonight so you never know.

Have you noticed though, you say goodbye or 'see ya' to people and then they ring you up a couple of days later and ask to see you again 'one last time'!?! Mind u I can't blame them, i'm just soo loveable.

A week and a half to go before we make our way to oz, we have so much to do but my hubbie must think he is already there, all he says is 'no worries'. I know what will happen, he will leave things till the last minute and then get all stressed and say its my fault. Anyone else have this problem? (He needs a rocket up his *******).

Mandy
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scrawni
Anyone else have this problem? (He needs a rocket up his *******).

Mandy

Mandy, it's called being a WOMAN - W. O. M. A. N - like to say it again?!.........

Dunna fret lass, we'll have plenty of time to discuss such things in 8 1/2 wks time when I join you.....

keep them tinnies cold, 'cos i'm a comin'!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.