Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Saying goodbye to visitors......so upsetting!

Saying goodbye to visitors......so upsetting!

Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future
Default Saying goodbye to visitors......so upsetting!

Say goodbye is just so hard dont you think?

I have just returned from dropping off my Mum and Nan at the airport after their 6 week holiday with us. It is so heart wrenching having to say goodbye, I love living in Oz but its so upsetting when people come and go, guess I cant have it all ways! My 3 year old son is so upset too which I hate to see. The sacrifices we make, do you think they are worth it?

Anyway Im off to have a coffee laced with Kahlua to cheer myself up!! lol

Wendy x
Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice
Default Re: Saying goodbye to visitors......so upsetting!

Oh Wendy it's awful isn't it?

I dropped my sister off and best mate recently (after 3 solid weeks of partying, laughing, and hardly sleeping) it was terrible saying goodbye especially with the tequila hangover we all had!

We all felt it. My hubby can't believe how quiet the house is now! Even he misses them in a strange way.

I still have a face like a slapped bum but I am sure I will get over it. That and the fact that my sister is coming back for New Year - that helps a lot.

Hope you and your little'un feel better soon. I am sure the Kahlua will help!

Originally Posted by wendymaisie

I have just returned from dropping off my Mum and Nan at the airport after their 6 week holiday with us. It is so heart wrenching having to say goodbye, I love living in Oz but its so upsetting when people come and go, guess I cant have it all ways! My 3 year old son is so upset too which I hate to see. The sacrifices we make, do you think they are worth it?

Wendy x
Old Jul 4th 2006, 1:00 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Some karma coming your way to cheer you up. To be honest, though, I felt completely the opposite. The visitor's that have been to us, I've been relieved to see gone. perhaps I haven't been here long enough, or maybe I'm just a miserable sod

Anyway, hope you feel better soon
Old Jul 4th 2006, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

sarahj1uk80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wendy, I have just read your account and considering that I am going home in less than 2 weeks, the prospect of saying goodbye to people at the end of my holiday is horrible.

All I can say is that I try to look at the positives in every situation. I would rather have the friends and the family that I have and miss them than not have them at all. Although it is hard sometimes, when I miss my friends and family the excitement of seeing them again is normally enough to get me through, especially as when you do see them you don't have any of the day to day issues that you would have if you lived closer - you just have pure enjoyment.

xxx
Old Jul 4th 2006, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Its really hard saying goodbye.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 1:51 pm
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy x
Poor you. I can relate to this one. My folks came to visit from Wales for the weekend and we were all sobbing when they left....

and we are not even in Aus yet.

MISERY!

Hope you feel better soon.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:20 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baglady
Poor you. I can relate to this one. My folks came to visit from Wales for the weekend and we were all sobbing when they left....

and we are not even in Aus yet.

MISERY!

Hope you feel better soon.
Wow, Baglady, get yourself some shares in kleenex

Hugs to you all missing family and friends.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:53 pm
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

UOTE=herrchook]Wow, Baglady, get yourself some shares in kleenex

Hugs to you all missing family and friends.[/QUOTE]

Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

Thanks for all your replies. Will be counting the months until our visitors arrive at Xmas in time for our wedding on NYE.....that will keep me busy sorting arrangements for that!

It was lovely spending time with my Mum and Nan and they helped me choose my wedding dress and bits. Just sad seeing them leave.

Take care all,

Wendy
Old Jul 5th 2006, 1:28 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy,Sorry to hear you were upset!
I was really surprised to find how upset I was when my sister and mum left!
I cried for days and just ate and ate - now I've put on a stone! It's really hard when they go and was not expecting it. Mind you, they have booked to come out again in December so it's not too bad!
Good luck for your wedding and at least you will have them there for your big day!
Tracey
Old Jul 5th 2006, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Wendy x
Imagine how nice it would be if they announced they too were moving over and infact they'd bought the house next door. Now they will be able to see you every day, luvrly durvly. Lest we forget the ones we left behind (and why we put 1200 miles distance between us).
Old Jul 5th 2006, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy x
Mate, it's horrible. Airports make me nervous, I hate them. I'm usually having to say goodbye to someone.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy x
Hi there, its just awful, and it will happen again and again.
My mum and dad came for 3 months, Feb, March, April, it was horrible when they went, and took me weeks to settle again, i cried all the time.
I did not go in their room until about 3 weeks after, it was like grief.
Its easier now, and do i think its worth all the upset, well i really dont know.
My hubby and kids dont get upset, and i know i cant go back because of it.
So we have to live with it, and try and be as happy as you can.
Sending you some Karma.
Denise
Old Jul 5th 2006, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Its the worst feeling.Never take my visitors to the airport too upsetting.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shade8
Its the worst feeling.Never take my visitors to the airport too upsetting.
This may be stepping over some sort of barrier, but... does anyone get the runs when in airports?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.