Wikiposts

Saying Goodbye

Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:54 am
Merlot

Default Re: Saying Goodbye

It is part of any process when you are moving away and it never gets easier but you do move forward.

Big hugs & karma on its way.

Merlot xx

Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Thank you so much for your replies- they have really helped. As today has gone on I have realised that is all part of this emotional rollercoaster called migration and that I will be O.K

The only worry is that Rob has still to say his goodbyes which will happen on Monday- I think it will be really hard because his niece and nephew are bound to get upset.

Anyway this afternoon I am being distracted by it all by the fact that the shippers arrive tomorrow and we still havnt got everything sorted. We weighed the suitcases earlier ( 4 suitcases and one large holdall) and it came to 85kg in total so we had to take things out but the only things that weighed a lot that we could ship were shoes so now i will have to clean them- aahhhh ( i already cleaned about 15 pairs last week !)

Rob managed to break the Dyson while trying to clean it so at least i dont need to bother to clean it anymore now !!!! ( actually i think he did it on purpose !) so now I will just have an excuse to buy a new Dyson when we get out there as ours was knaquered anyway !!

Plus we cant seem to get our broadband to work on the laptop yet so after this evening we will be internetless :scared:

So I will not be able to say hello again for a little while but will hopefully update from Changi airport ( they have free internet ) ( we are staying there for 4 days)and also will try to get back on line quickly when we get to Tasmania on the 9th .

Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this forum over the last year and a bit.

Good luck to everyone still waiting !!! and hope to see those coming to Tasmania soon ( that will be Kay then !!!!)

See you on the other side !!!!!

Nat
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by natty
Thank you so much for your replies- they have really helped. As today has gone on I have realised that is all part of this emotional rollercoaster called migration and that I will be O.K

The only worry is that Rob has still to say his goodbyes which will happen on Monday- I think it will be really hard because his niece and nephew are bound to get upset.

Anyway this afternoon I am being distracted by it all by the fact that the shippers arrive tomorrow and we still havnt got everything sorted. We weighed the suitcases earlier ( 4 suitcases and one large holdall) and it came to 85kg in total so we had to take things out but the only things that weighed a lot that we could ship were shoes so now i will have to clean them- aahhhh ( i already cleaned about 15 pairs last week !)

Rob managed to break the Dyson while trying to clean it so at least i dont need to bother to clean it anymore now !!!! ( actually i think he did it on purpose !) so now I will just have an excuse to buy a new Dyson when we get out there as ours was knaquered anyway !!

Plus we cant seem to get our broadband to work on the laptop yet so after this evening we will be internetless :scared:

So I will not be able to say hello again for a little while but will hopefully update from Changi airport ( they have free internet ) ( we are staying there for 4 days)and also will try to get back on line quickly when we get to Tasmania on the 9th .

Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this forum over the last year and a bit.

Good luck to everyone still waiting !!! and hope to see those coming to Tasmania soon ( that will be Kay then !!!!)

Nat
i have to say goodbye to everyone over the next few days, i fly out on wed from manchester .
saying goodbye is certainly the hardest part of all this. but as they say life goes on and im sure the hurt will get less day after day, but im still dreading saying bye to mum at the train station.
my thoughts go out to everyone that has gone through this.
now on a lighter note, i know Changi airport is magnificent but i wouldnt want to spend 4 days there
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:05 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Forget trying to sell the house and forget trying to get the visa this was the most difficult part of the whole process for me.

We had a great weekend in London but the day came and the airport was a very tearful experience. It was only the second time I had ever seen my dad cry (the first was when his dad died) and I was still in tears a few hours later as we boarded the plane. It still chokes me up now writing about it 5 months later.

But as you say you do get over it but it was very difficult.

TT

Yesterday I did the thing I had been most dreading and said goodbye to my parents.

My mum and dad split up years ago so I first stayed with my mum for a night and went out for a nice meal and saying goodbye to my mum and my sister and brother was easier than I had expected- the hardest thing was knowing my mum was putting on a brave face and than the minute we left she would be crying.

Then we went to see my dad. The original plan had been to spend 2 nights at my dads and go out for a couple of lovely meals with all the family- I had imagined it to be a wonderful couple of days but life got in the way and on Monday my dad was admitted to hospital !!!- He is a diabetic and has problems with his feet and infection and they think he might lose his toe. Anyway of course this changed everything so instead of the lovely evenings planned- I had to spend the last time with my dad in a hospital. We went to see him twice and the last time was yesterday afternoon. We sat and chatted for a couple of hours and actually I thought I was going to be OK but when it came time to go, Dad walked us to the end of the ward and he looked so vulnerable in his nightshirt and I just fell to pieces. I did try so hard not to cry because I didnt want to upset him but I just couln't help it- In the end i gave him a big hug and then I just had to walk away because I knew i just wouldnt be able to stop crying. I guess its harder because his illness means he won't be able to fly to see us and yet the last thing he said was that he would see me in Tasmania real soon , and yet I know that just won't happen.
I dont want to depress everyone- it was just harder than I imagined and today I just feel really flat.
The important thing to remember though is that I survived this and so did my family- no one died, life carried on and in a couple of days when the pain has lessened, no doubt i will be laughing and looking forward to my new life.

Nat
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Hi I hope your dad is feeling better.
I don't thin this is easy for nayone infact it rates as one of the worse things I have ever had too do and don't wish it on anyone.Its not often we see our Dads cry.Especailly taking Grandchildren away.But i can tell you it gets easier.I said goodbye too mine 2 days before i left the UK so i could pull myself together.As for people seeing you off at the airport i'd say NO leave them all at home,it helps nobody.
Good luck.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:18 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Nat
Damn I missed you never mind yes we'll see you on the other side

Kay
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi NATafter reading your thread I felt as though I just have to reply.
Believe me I know exactly how you feel.
My Dad was always keen for us to make a fresh start but my Dad had an illness that would not have abled him too make the long jouney to Oz to see us.
This was always in the back of my mind and he even said you will not see me again if you go to Australia you know?
Back in Feb we went out to Perth on a rekkie.Had a really nice time etc.
The day we got back we had the worst news ever that my Dad had died the day before.
Its been a really hard few months and my emotions are all over the place.
The plan is to still go to Australia onto the sunny coast I think.But now I have a situation with muy Mum who is on her own she has my brother but its not the same some how.
Things are now moving and we shall have the visas hopefully soon and the house will go up on the market .As time goes on I am getting more nervous about the whole thing always knew it would be hard saying goodbye but never thought I would feel this bad.
At the end of the day your life has to go on and the plans that you make for yourself and family you have to see them through.
Best Wishes and hope everything works out for you and your Dad .
Dreamaway.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hi Dreamaway

I just wanted to say that I am very sorry for your loss. I can not imagine the emotions you must have been feeling over the last few months. I know it must be hard thinking about the move now but I am sure that your dad would want nothing more than for you to be happy so if you think you can be happy in Oz than you should go.

It is hard leaving family behind- i know that I felt especially guilty about causing my parents upset but I know that i can not live my life for other people. At the end of the day- you must live your life to the fullest- whatever that means for you- I am sure your dad would have wanted that for you.

Take Care

Nat xxx

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
My Dad was always keen for us to make a fresh start but my Dad had an illness that would not have abled him too make the long jouney to Oz to see us.
This was always in the back of my mind and he even said you will not see me again if you go to Australia you know?
The day we got back we had the worst news ever that my Dad had died the day before.
The plan is to still go to Australia onto the sunny coast I think.But now I have a situation with muy Mum who is on her own she has my brother but its not the same some how.
Things are now moving and we shall have the visas hopefully soon and the house will go up on the market .As time goes on I am getting more nervous about the whole thing always knew it would be hard saying goodbye but never thought I would feel this bad.
At the end of the day your life has to go on and the plans that you make for yourself and family you have to see them through.
Dreamaway.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nat thanks for your kind words.
I have to say I am particuarly low at the moment and I appreciate what you say you are right I do need to live my life to the fullest and I know that I can make it work in OZ .
Best Wishes Dreamaway.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi Nat,
God I feel for you. Your post really set me off blubbering.
I'm not looking forward to saying Goodbye at all. My Dad will be the worst as my mum died in October, so he hasn't got used to being without her yet!
God knows how I'll cope! Also the whole family is coming to the airport to see us off!! Not sure this is a good idea but they are all insisting!!
Anyway Karma on it's way to you.
Have a good trip Take Care
Marie
Marie I am sending you some karma too ,as I am in a similar situation Take Care Dreamaway.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:19 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard...but it has to be done. You post made me cry and think about what i will do...and i dont know, would i be chicken to leave without goodbyes?....i will think damn hard about the easiest option....but unfortunatley i dont think there is one.

Keep your chin up....in time the pain will lessen.

Hope you dad gets well soon

Donna
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:21 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Dreamaway.

My heart goes out to you and your family....i hope things work out for you whatever path you decide to take.

Donna
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:53 am
Professional Princess

Dreamaway.

You poor little love, I want to give you a hug I really do.

Your reply tells me that you are a very brave person because you are doing not only what you want but you know its what your Dad wanted for you.

And thats your guidance. When making big decisions in your life and you're not sure where to turn, ask yourself what your Dad would have advised you to do.

As you say, you need to see your dreams through in order to live them.

You love your mum no matter where in the world you're living and distance cannot change that.