Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

say what you think

say what you think

Old Sep 13th 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default say what you think

when we go i am seriously thinking of telling a few people, especially at work, what i think of them, as of now you have to be quite polite to people but when you are going to the other side of the world hey i feel like letting rip

hopefully we wont come back and see them again, but knowing my luck everything will be cancelled and i will have to see them again and perhaps grovel;

has anybody else thought of doing this

arlene with the bubbly wallpaper

ps back to my other thread about wallpaper, now des says that it looks like an old womans bedroom because it is lilac but it does not smell of urine yet:scared: :scared: :scared
Old Sep 13th 2003, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: say what you think

Originally posted by arlene
when we go i am seriously thinking of telling a few people, especially at work, what i think of them, as of now you have to be quite polite to people but when you are going to the other side of the world hey i feel like letting rip

hopefully we wont come back and see them again, but knowing my luck everything will be cancelled and i will have to see them again and perhaps grovel;

ps back to my other thread about wallpaper, now des says that it looks like an old womans bedroom because it is lilac but it does not smell of urine yet:scared: :scared: :scared
Hmmm... what are you thinking of saying???
Don't worry about the wallpaper - it will probably shrink and not be so bubbly when it dries. Are you doing a house doctor to sell it? Maybe you could put a few well chosen frames up (not too personal) to cover up the worst bubbly bits!!!
Larissa
Old Sep 13th 2003, 4:51 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

What I would love to say to one of grumpy neighbours, he's the most grumpy person in grumpy land, at least he would then have a good reason to whinge.

Suz
Old Sep 13th 2003, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
Hmmm... what are you thinking of saying???
Don't worry about the wallpaper - it will probably shrink and not be so bubbly when it dries. Are you doing a house doctor to sell it? Maybe you could put a few well chosen frames up (not too personal) to cover up the worst bubbly bits!!!
Larissa
HMMM where do i begin (I have friends honestly)

1. collegue from work who is so far up the bosses **** it looks like she is wearing brown lipstick

2. Neighbours who know i work nights, insist on mowing the lawn every other day at 10 in the morning

3. Friend who i have known for years and who i trained with but plagerised my work and denied it

4. ex husband (****hole)

ps bubbles are at the bottom of the paper so pictures will look conspicious (did i spell that right)

arlene, having a nice glass of chardonnay when i should be decorating

Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:06 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Remember, "The toes that you tread on today, may belong to the feet you have to kiss tomorrow"

Don't burn your bridges, just in case.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

HMMM where do i begin (I have friends honestly)

1. collegue from work who is so far up the bosses **** it looks like she is wearing brown lipstick

2. Neighbours who know i work nights, insist on mowing the lawn every other day at 10 in the morning

3. Friend who i have known for years and who i trained with but plagerised my work and denied it

4. ex husband (****hole)

ps bubbles are at the bottom of the paper so pictures will look conspicious (did i spell that right)

arlene, having a nice glass of chardonnay when i should be decorating

ooops... from my experience decorating and wine don't mix... a few years ago I stencilled really naff flowers when I'd had a glass of wine, then I had to paint them out later. Problem was, the stencil paint showed through and I was stuck with them until I re-plastered...
Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

ooops... from my experience decorating and wine don't mix... a few years ago I stencilled really naff flowers when I'd had a glass of wine, then I had to paint them out later. Problem was, the stencil paint showed through and I was stuck with them until I re-plastered...

Hey Larissa! I've only just noticed - you finally got your glitter ball! A seventies girl after my own heart!!!

leigh.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hey Larissa! I've only just noticed - you finally got your glitter ball! A seventies girl after my own heart!!!

leigh.
LOL was born in the seventies!!
Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Arlene,

You're not on your own with this one.
Would love to bring a few people down a peg or two before we leave, the list is long and distinguished! Better though to think nice thoughts and smile sweetly I think, as posted previously, don't burn your bridges - you may need them at a later date.

Best wishes, Leigh.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

may stop decorating soon cant see bubbles any more, bad thing, they will jump out and grab me by the throat in the morning that i am sure of

arlene
Old Sep 13th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

I've been pretty reserved but....

Hell I'd like to tell the sister in law where to go. Poor old brother in law hasn't got much but in 2 years she's made him cash in every last cent.

Apart from that I'd like to cure my neighbours piles, preferably with a wire brush attached to a power drill and a large bottle of bleach!!
Old Sep 13th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Nibbs
I've been pretty reserved but....

Hell I'd like to tell the sister in law where to go. Poor old brother in law hasn't got much but in 2 years she's made him cash in every last cent.

Apart from that I'd like to cure my neighbours piles, preferably with a wire brush attached to a power drill and a large bottle of bleach!!

oh that sounds painful but made me laugh

arlene
Old Sep 14th 2003, 7:03 am
Hello Sydney Oct 1

amaslam is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: say what you think

Instead of letting 'em have it do this.

The seasons are switched. Check the UK weather while you're down in Oz. Then when it's a particularly miserable day in UK (rainy, snow on the way, Sun *might* come out in a week) you send 'em a picture of your flowers outside, or people in shorts and say wow it's going to be warm and 31C today. Tell 'em you wish they were here with you *ha, fat chance* and then smile your *diabolical* inner smile. End it with something like:

Oops, gotta go get something to eat, better put on the sunscreen (whew it sure is sunny down here).

Old Sep 14th 2003, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote from Colonel Tom Parker (manager for Elvis Presley) You dont have to be nice to the people on the way up if you are not coming back down. !!

My problem is I often come back down.