Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Saw a pretty disturbing thing today

Saw a pretty disturbing thing today

Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:15 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

wasnt the whole thread started because someone saw two people walking down the street high. who has ever seen pissed people on the street when the pubs have kicked out. are you offended or shocked by that. no. because its deemed to be more socially acceptable.

walking down the street high doesnt impact on anyone. if you dont like it thats down to you. the fact that they are there does not impinge on you at all.

jopaulss, i dont really know what to say that. its hard and if they dont want to help themselves i agree there is only so far you can go. addicts will push themselves until they get right to the bottom before they start thinking about getting help. maybe your girls have not reached that stage yet. there is no easy way out of addiction.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Agreed...but we are not discusisng the law and order issue, we are discussing how to deal with the people caught up in this lifestyle.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:17 pm
What's he asking?

Originally posted by jopaulss
Jesus how can you compare a speeding fine with drug addiction cant follow this one!!!
Joanne
my point followed on from a poster saying that drugs are against the law. by the same margin breaking a speed limit is against the law. why is one acceptable and not the other. if the law is there to be obeyed at all times you cant jsut choose which laws you think its ok to obey and which ones arent.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Probably right fuzzeyness , but i really think my cousins are beyond help sadly they are sisters to such a waste
Joanne
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Agreed...but we are not discusisng the law and order issue, we are discussing how to deal with the people caught up in this lifestyle.
PP I'd be genuinely interested to hear your views on how to tackle the problem because you have worked with people in this situation. Obviously, it's not a problem with a solution, but is there any hope?
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

ANyway..on that not i think i should go to bed...

What the hell am i doing on this forum waffling away at 2am??!!!

Have a good day Englanders
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:20 pm
What's he asking?

yes we are discussing it but more from a point of trying to educate certain posters here that taking drugs is not always a choice that they wish to make. i find it staggering how little compassion is being shown jsut because of the attitude that drugs are illegal its your own fault you are addicted you sort yourself out and stay out of my way and dont steal from me whilst you are at it.
BE Forum Addict

Nite PP good points i have to say
Joanne
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vee

Quite a few people have said they have lived in London and never seen anything as disturbing as what Sunlover described. You've never seen people "off their faces" in London? My god, where abouts in London did you live? Did you ever go out of your house? I live, work and go out in London and I see it almost every day. (psst - I even saw it in Sydney). It's rife in Holborn, it's happening here on Oxford Street. I've even see drug users and people high on drugs wandering around on the Kings Road.

Oh I lived in the 'Real London'... Upton Park then Plaistow, Barking and West Ham. I worked on Liverpool Street and later on Kings Road near Worlds End.

And in that time I NEVER saw anything like that, but maybe I had my eyes closed or maybe people weren't as open about drugs as they are now? I would say the latter?

I also did go out at night, every weekend, as you do when you are 19+. I use to go to the Limelight club in the west end and even ventured to The Ilford Palis if I was desperate!!!! lol I would cathc the all night bus home from Trafalgar Sq in the early hours and still never came across people 'doing' drugs.

Although I was usually tipsy by then!!!!
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bundy
PP I'd be genuinely interested to hear your views on how to tackle the problem because you have worked with people in this situation. Obviously, it's not a problem with a solution, but is there any hope?

Gawwwd Bundy...my brain needs recharging first...i'll come back tomorrow...LOL
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
who has ever seen pissed people on the street when the pubs have kicked out. are you offended or shocked by that. no. because its deemed to be more socially acceptable.
It does shock me to see how much friends of mine and other people drink, week in week out!

And unfortunetley it is socially acceptable, very unfortunetly to me.
And I'm not saying I'm perfect, I drink sometimes too, but not in that way. And sometimes I speed, but I think that is wrong too. Laws aren't made for nothing.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:24 pm
What's he asking?

Laws aren't made for nothing.
precisely. but one cant sit there and decide which ones they think its ok to break and then get their high horse when someone else breaks a law that that person doesnt. no one is perfect and i reckon there is no one on here that could honestly say they have never EVER broken a law of one type or another.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well some really good points folks and its all very interesting but like PP im off to bed to , have a good day in England. But its all very interesting to listen to peoples views nite nite
Joanne
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:27 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i find it staggering how little compassion is being shown jsut because of the attitude that drugs are illegal its your own fault you are addicted you sort yourself out and stay out of my way and dont steal from me whilst you are at it.
I don't think anybody on here has said something like that.

TBH, I can't imagine people having it so hard they need to turn to drugs, but that's just because I've had such a great life till now, and I haven't experienced anything like that close to me.
I know it does happen, but it's very surreal and 'movie like' to me!
Anyway, I'm still young, I'm bound to get a bit more experienced, especially when moving to Perth I guess, having till now always lived in towns, and Perth when I was young, but that was nearly 20 years ago.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:27 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Gawwwd Bundy...my brain needs recharging first...i'll come back tomorrow...LOL
I shall be here...last day at work before heading off for Chrimbo, hurrah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.