Save our School

Old Oct 29th 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Save our School

Hi There, This is a plea to anyone either here in northern Perth or coming to live here. My daughters High School is being closed down by the Department of education due to lack of numbers.The school is Padbury High School. It is a great school with wonderful teachers. I have heard the kids in that school call it their Home away from Home and the people there including Teachers Their family. I know I have never before heard any child say that about a teacher or a school. That is how good it is. The school take kids from out of district/cross boundary. They can stay open if they get their numbers up. So I am begging and pleading for help to save a great school. Enrol your kids now or pass on the information to people who have kids of that age. Please Please Help.
Wendy
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Save our School

I know they were talking about Padbury High school being closed down on 6PR yesterday.They said that there were only three hundred students last year but they will have to go somewhere,do the other schools nearby have room?

I hope your daughter finds another good school.Sue.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi There, This is a plea to anyone either here in northern Perth or coming to live here. My daughters High School is being closed down by the Department of education due to lack of numbers.The school is Padbury High School. It is a great school with wonderful teachers. I have heard the kids in that school call it their Home away from Home and the people there including Teachers Their family. I know I have never before heard any child say that about a teacher or a school. That is how good it is. The school take kids from out of district/cross boundary. They can stay open if they get their numbers up. So I am begging and pleading for help to save a great school. Enrol your kids now or pass on the information to people who have kids of that age. Please Please Help.
Wendy
Good luck. The statement from the Education Minister looks pretty final to me and there is no suggestion that an increase in numbers will reverse the decision. I would be delighted if my local state high school were to close if that meant that my children automatically qualified for a place at Duncraig Senior High School.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:19 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

FFS 300 students?? close it down.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

How can you say close it down. These kids are been badly affected by this. They love their school and teachers and are prepared to do anything to keep it open. I think in this day and age these kids should be admired for fighting their case. for standing up for what they believe in. I personally am proud of these kids. No one should berate them. So what if there is only 300 kids, at least they are 300 kids in school and not walking about the streets. 300 kids that actually want to be in school and have somewhere they call home, somewhere they feel safe.Yes this is a very emotive subject. My child is currently a yr 10 and yes she can transfer to Duncraig. But she wont be able to enrol in her subject choices for Tee as they have already been filled by the existing Duncraig students.The Padbury students will get a pick of whatever classes are not full. Now how can you say shut it down when kids futures are being affected.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:52 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

We've had between 500k to a Million migrants to Perth in the past 15 years. It's called progress.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:53 am
Banned

How can you say close it down. These kids are been badly affected by this. They love their school and teachers and are prepared to do anything to keep it open. I think in this day and age these kids should be admired for fighting their case. for standing up for what they believe in. I personally am proud of these kids. No one should berate them. So what if there is only 300 kids, at least they are 300 kids in school and not walking about the streets. 300 kids that actually want to be in school and have somewhere they call home, somewhere they feel safe.Yes this is a very emotive subject. My child is currently a yr 10 and yes she can transfer to Duncraig. But she wont be able to enrol in her subject choices for Tee as they have already been filled by the existing Duncraig students.The Padbury students will get a pick of whatever classes are not full. Now how can you say shut it down when kids futures are being affected.
I'm sure room will be made.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame, Padbury High has a good rep.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Weebie
This is a school that recieved funding from the federal government to build two new buildings last year, hence 12 months ago it was considered as a viable school. The state government wish to rezone the land so they can sell it as housing and rake in the profit without a care for the students and families who have invested their time into the school
Old Oct 29th 2010, 3:51 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
There are 180 total at my local high school. This is AUSTRALIA. It's a good school.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 4:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
This is a school that recieved funding from the federal government to build two new buildings last year, hence 12 months ago it was considered as a viable school. The state government wish to rezone the land so they can sell it as housing and rake in the profit without a care for the students and families who have invested their time into the school
Welcome to Perth! This has been happening for ages especielly with the land being so valuable. City Beach High and Scarborough high were closed and kids were relocated to Shenton and Churchlands. Why should the public care about a couple hundred kids being relocated? look at it that way Like I said earlier with the intense migration and the lack of supply in nicer areas things like this need to happen. "progress"
Old Oct 29th 2010, 4:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
It's a shame, Padbury High has a good rep.
It may be popular with the families whose kids attend the school but have you seen the Year 9 NAPLAN results! I have no experience of the school but those results would be enough reason for me NOT to send my kids there.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
It may be popular with the families whose kids attend the school but have you seen the Year 9 NAPLAN results! I have no experience of the school but those results would be enough reason for me NOT to send my kids there.
What a horrible nasty comment NB.....why does that not surprise me from you.

Good luck to the OP..you obviously have your childs best interests at heart, I hope it all works out for you.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is easy for some people to say close it down when their children are not affected.I don't know what the intake for next year will be but I would imagine 300 children having to go to either Duncraig or the other local school that I can't remember the name of will affect those schools also.

If your child is doing well and happy at a school then I would imagine it would be a horrible thing to happen and going into year 11 is not a good time to have to change schools.Sue.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I listened to the reports on the radio the other day and heard the Minister talk about the school is not viable with those numbers. She also said that the kids would go to Duncraig SHS or Belridge SHS instead - but there's a world of difference between those two. If a Padbury family doesn't want to go to Belridge, but their child's access to courses is blocked at Duncraig, then that's not fair.

Do Duncraig and Belridge SHS have the room and facilities to take the Padbury kids? Making this announcement at this time of year, when enrolments for high schools have been much been completed, is not fair. If it was me, I'd probably want my child to change schools now, depending on their year level. What about compensation for parents for investment in uniforms, etc?

Last edited by HelenTD; Oct 30th 2010 at 2:09 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.