British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Save dosh and eat roaches? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/save-dosh-eat-roaches-288024/)

Larissa Mar 5th 2005 4:04 am

Save dosh and eat roaches?

Just found this report and thought it might inspire you omnivores ;)
Man to test cockroach-eating record
From correspondents in Delhi
February 28, 2005
INDIAN man Ramesh Kumar is planning an assault on the record books by eating 50 cockroaches in a minute.

Mr Kumar, 26, said roaches and other insects had been part of his diet from childhood.
"One day I tried a cockroach and I liked it very much," he said.

The current roach-consumption record of 36 in a minute would be a snack, he forecast.

CasG Mar 5th 2005 4:15 am

Re: Save dosh and eat roaches?

Gross !! :eek:

The other day, I got a blanket out of the airing cupboard, and there was a cockroach on it - when I tried to flick it off, it did so - except for the legs! The airing cupboard got a through clean and spraying...........

Pollyana Mar 5th 2005 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Larissa
February 28, 2005
INDIAN man Ramesh Kumar is planning an assault on the record books by eating 50 cockroaches in a minute.

Mr Kumar, 26, said roaches and other insects had been part of his diet from childhood.

The current roach-consumption record of 36 in a minute would be a snack, he forecast.

Hey look, I'm having a positive week, don't mention those nasty horrid spawn of the devil...... :eek:

Stormz Mar 5th 2005 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hey look, I'm having a positive week, don't mention those nasty horrid spawn of the devil...... :eek:

Actually, cockrooaches have a bad rep for being filthy.... whereas they`re actually very clean. It`s Pigeons that carry all sorts of filth and spread it around.

What was that horror movie which had cockroaches mutating and looking like humans????

Pollyana Mar 5th 2005 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Stormz
Actually, cockrooaches have a bad rep for being filthy.... whereas they`re actually very clean. It`s Pigeons that carry all sorts of filth and spread it around.

I don't particularly want either pigeons OR cockroaches flying around in the shower, whatever their cleanliness!! :eek:

Simone Mar 7th 2005 12:47 pm

Oh, I have a good cockroach story!

Was going to have a shower, grabbed my towel of the rack, and out fell a huge cockroach!! :scared: Luckily, it fell straight into an empty little box that happened to be on the floor, so disposing of it was easy!

A baby gecko also gave me a fright the other day coming out of the panty, but they're cute and useful, so left it alone.
(Pascal found a whole nest of gecko eggs in the shed btw!! He knows, because he cracked one and there was a tiny gecko!! ahhhhh! )

sunny side up Mar 10th 2005 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Simone
A baby gecko also gave me a fright the other day coming out of the panty, but they're cute and useful, so left it alone.

where did it come out of???? hope you meant pantRy :D

Phoenixuk2oz Mar 10th 2005 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Larissa
February 28, 2005

Ewwwweee [wanna be sick :eek: ]

Few weeks ago I got up for a pee in the middle of the night...turned the light on in toilet, and a bloody big roach was hanging off my wrap for dear life :scared: :eek:

I screemed, ripped the wrap off....and flushed it down the loo :rolleyes:

Not clever or brave ......but the roach was ten times as big as me ....erm....well not quite ......who cares.....it couldn't swim with a wrap on anyways :eek:

Simone Mar 10th 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by sunny side up
where did it come out of???? hope you meant pantRy :D

OMG! Can't believe I didn't see that! Of all the typo's to make! :scared: :D

Yes, pantry/cupboard :p

moneypenny20 Mar 10th 2005 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I screemed, ripped the wrap off....and flushed it down the loo :rolleyes:

:

How on earth did you get your wrap to go round the u bend :p