Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sausages & Chocolate

Sausages & Chocolate

Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sausages & Chocolate

Just for the record, we thought the sausages in OZ were as nice or nicer than sausages in the UK. We didn't buy anything expensive, just the normal things from Woolworths.

Also the chocolate tasted good as well, didn't eat too much of it but what we had was enjoyed by all.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sausages & Chocolate

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just for the record, we thought the sausages in OZ were as nice or nicer than sausages in the UK. We didn't buy anything expensive, just the normal things from Woolworths.

Also the chocolate tasted good as well, didn't eat too much of it but what we had was enjoyed by all.
I dont like sausage, but my lot like the sausage here, and they eat chocolate and dont complain. I love the bacon. my 12 yr old wont eat it, fussy bugger.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting the sausages to be really horrible (after reading lots of posts on here), we all liked them, bacon as well
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting the sausages to be really horrible (after reading lots of posts on here), we all liked them, bacon as well
I get a bit annoyed actually when people come on saying i dont like this ,i dont like that, it taste different, of course it will, If you go to Spain or France its diffeent, you adapt. I would Not pay stupid money to get a certain brand.
Food is Food and we are so lucky to have it.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
karma for that

humph wont let me give you any, but its there in thought
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

In the UK i was not a big meat eater - however, now i go down to the local butcher who marinates the meat for me. I am eating steak, pork, ribs, a bit more steak and tonight i even cooked lamb on the BBQ and was delicious. I know i am female and what is my place infront of the BBQ............

The butcher is even giving me cutoffs for the dog and i can tell you that he isnt complaining either

The food here is so much fresher and dont you think it lasts in the fridge alot longer than the UK also because it is so fresh?

a happy meat eater

michelle
xxx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

ooooh and as for the chocolate - the cadbury triple layer with mint.......for those in the UK and apparently its not there is a milk choc base with white choc and then a mint choc topping...umm yummy......
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

here here i couldnt agree more,i cant say i really miss anything enough to pay through the nose for it
Originally Posted by cranni
I get a bit annoyed actually when people come on saying i dont like this ,i dont like that, it taste different, of course it will, If you go to Spain or France its diffeent, you adapt. I would Not pay stupid money to get a certain brand.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not that taken with the sausages here, I have to say, and I don't like the bacon as its smoked, and I've never liked smoked. However I eat plenty of pickled pork, now I've discovered it - the equivalent of UK unsmoked gammon joints.
Prefer the chocolate as its not quite as sweet, suits my taste more
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Unycorne
In the UK i was not a big meat eater - however, now i go down to the local butcher who marinates the meat for me. I am eating steak, pork, ribs, a bit more steak and tonight i even cooked lamb on the BBQ and was delicious. I know i am female and what is my place infront of the BBQ............

The butcher is even giving me cutoffs for the dog and i can tell you that he isnt complaining either

The food here is so much fresher and dont you think it lasts in the fridge alot longer than the UK also because it is so fresh?

a happy meat eater

michelle
xxx
Yes it does last for ages and keeps so fresh.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not that taken with the sausages here, I have to say, and I don't like the bacon as its smoked, and I've never liked smoked. However I eat plenty of pickled pork, now I've discovered it - the equivalent of UK unsmoked gammon joints.
Prefer the chocolate as its not quite as sweet, suits my taste more
we love the exta lean corned beef, lovely hot or cold, yum yum
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate - I now like the taste of Australian chocolate unfortunately, it did take some getting used to though

Sausages - as I ate the turkey and ham ones in UK it has taken a while to find some that I truly like.

No way would I pay high prices for UK food, there is plenty to choose from already.

I too now eat far more meat, we have never barbecued as much in our lives.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

The sausages here are nice, even though people say they are horrible, but the bacon I just can't get used to, doesn't taste quite right.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

We find that the locals that we know here are always apologising for the food . They seem to think that because we lived in Europe for a while that we will have 'refined' tastes (hee hee we don't do refined). We love the food here:
Sausages - fine the kids will eat them happily(wouldn't touch the Belgian sausages)
Bacon - fine smoked or unsmoked no problems
Chocolate - different but enjoying trying the different ones.
We don't miss anything much, we have fond memories of certain foods in France and Belgium but they were good there not things that we would want to track down here.
We are having fun trying the local food and finding our new favourites.

Nicky
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:37 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

As others said, it is different, find a substitute. But don't expect sausages to be either pork or beef and that is it. They must have been watching Kel on Kath and Kim cos everything is a blend. There seem to be lots of chicken sausages and plain is not common. Try chicken with garlic and curry etc etc. I will!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.