Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Satire:Australian British Expats explained

Satire:Australian British Expats explained

Old May 5th 2005, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satire:Australian British Expats explained

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Very funny Badge!

What about the 'I'm now true blue' type, also often after a week.

I'm sitting here in my DRIZABONE, wearing my MOLESKINS with my ACRUBA hat and BLUNDSTONE boots, and my RM WILLIAMS undadaks, just about to do some hard YAKKA on me UTE Mate

Old May 5th 2005, 10:59 am
Life Member

jackisback is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Coogee Rocks
how about the smug 'married an aussie' poster - and it only took 2 weeks to get a visa people?
lol, I have less documentation than your average Iranian boat-person
Old May 5th 2005, 1:14 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackisback
lol, I have less documentation than your average Iranian boat-person

Took Pascal 20 minutes.... (ok, I did about a year of preperation, and he had a medical etc)

What about a category 'not even British but blab on(even offtopic) and post just as much, including whinging, and can fall into practically every category, depending on mood, situation and who or what at that moment is the underdog'.....
Old May 5th 2005, 1:43 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Shouldn't the thread killer category be split into two distinct discernable categories:

1) The serious type who answers the OP’s original question thus bringing the thread to a natural end.
2) The gobby type that keeps on posting long after the thread has past its use by date.

Cheers
Al.
Old May 5th 2005, 1:51 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

How about the

"I live in the UK and I know better than youse (very Aussie) that live there because I've researched it on the internet"

There is the small sub group of the above

"We won't need much money when we get to Oz"
Old May 5th 2005, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Shouldn't the thread killer category be split into two distinct discernable categories:

1) The serious type who answers the OP’s original question thus bringing the thread to a natural end.
2) The gobby type that keeps on posting long after the thread has past its use by date.

Cheers
Al.
You should have included a 3rd

3) People who intentionally or unintentionally misunderstand a post on the thread, completely confusing and stunning the thread readers into silence. Not that I've ever done that.

Much

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 5th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

LMAO...very well observed badge!

love sophia xx
Old May 5th 2005, 7:35 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Coogee Rocks
how about the smug 'married an aussie' poster - and it only took 2 weeks to get a visa people?
Sh*t I had to wait for 3 years before I was a PR Then another 2 before a Citizen then another 2 before I was able to return to the UK for a short while to spend time with my folks as the whole process cost us every cent we had.

Must have done it the wrong way! Bugger!

M

Old May 6th 2005, 12:59 am
Badge

Originally Posted by jad n rich
What about the 'I'm now true blue' type, also often after a week.

I'm sitting here in my DRIZABONE, wearing my MOLESKINS with my ACRUBA hat and BLUNDSTONE boots, and my RM WILLIAMS undadaks, just about to do some hard YAKKA on me UTE Mate

lol I seem to remember geting some flack for buying a ute, and then buying a slab when I got here. It's just what you do when you're visiting mates. I got a ute because my plan was to go outback and work. But then I do have some country credentials being a bit of a country boy, having jackerooed and lived out in the country.

So I'll let you off Jad this time.

Badge

Old May 6th 2005, 8:07 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
You should have included a 3rd

3) People who intentionally or unintentionally misunderstand a post on the thread, completely confusing and stunning the thread readers into silence. Not that I've ever done that.

Much

Cheers,
JTL
I thought that was the same as number 2

Cheers
Al.