Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sarrs In Singapore?????

Sarrs In Singapore?????

Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sarrs In Singapore?????

hi there can someone help me with the big ?? is it safe to travel to singapore now , have heard on radio 4 thats there has been 0ne case reported ,he was a docter and has travelled to japan ,giving it to 4 more people,would really appreciate any advice on sarrs as am travelling to perth in october stopping at singapore, is there any worries as i also have children.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Delboy

You cannot assess the risk untill just before you travel as this could be anisolated case or the start of a new outbreak, what you can do is check with your airline whatit will cost you to cahage your tickets, if you have paid for your tickets and they have been issued then you will not ba able to change airline but you may be able just to transit singapore and not stop over. Also check your insurance to see how you are covered should you decide not to travel or cancel your tickets and rebook using an alternative carrier.

Dont worry untill you have to but check out all the info.

Lynn
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Purely a personal opinion,but having spent most of the day in terminal 3 at Heathrow, I would be more worried about contracting TB here, than SARS in Singapore.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:49 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sarrs In Singapore?????

Originally posted by delboy
he was a docter and has travelled to japan ,giving it to 4 more people
And we also heard that WMD was minutes away from deployability in Iraq....

Anyway, the SARS victim is a researcher in a lab that does research on viruses.

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/lat...31140,00.html?

I don't know who decided that this guy gave it to 4 more people.

At the moment, I'll be more worried about eating Mad Cow beef in the UK, to be honest.

Peter