Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Santa spotted in the Lake District!!

Santa spotted in the Lake District!!

Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Santa spotted in the Lake District!!

Here's some photos I took on Saturday at Keswick. Santa was with a group on one of the launches; the Salvation Army band was playing in the market square and there was a Christmas market. Great!

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-pict1924.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-pict1925.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-pict1923.jpg  
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santa spotted in the Lake District!!

The sheep were grazing, Derwentwater was under heavy skies and we bought up lots of 'grub'.
Attached Thumbnails Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-pict1926.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-pict1927.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-pict1937.jpg  
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely .
Sent you some karma.
angela
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

One of my fav places in UK, stunning scenery.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Here's some photos I took on Saturday at Keswick. Santa was with a group on one of the launches; the Salvation Army band was playing in the market square and there was a Christmas market. Great!

OzTennis
Oh thanks now im really homesick,not far from us, sunny Morecambe,
Senking you some K
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cranni
Oh thanks now im really homesick,not far from us, sunny Morecambe,
Senking you some K
Grange over Sands is another place we really like visiting and we see 'sunny Morecambe' across the bay of the same name (lovely view that takes in Arnside, Lancaster, Morecambe and down to Heysham Power Station).

OzTennis
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:29 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

OzTennis

I see Keswick hasn't brightened up in the 15 years since I left the place.

The wettest, soggiest 2 weeks of my life were spent forced to camp in bloody Keswick. Still looks just as dull and depressing as when I was there. (I was there at the height of summer both times, and it looked exactly the same)

If the sun ever managed to split the clouds I'm sure the scenery would be spectacular.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Grange over Sands is another place we really like visiting and we see 'sunny Morecambe' across the bay of the same name (lovely view that takes in Arnside, Lancaster, Morecambe and down to Heysham Power Station).

OzTennis
We lived in Heysham up to 12 months ago.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I see Keswick hasn't brightened up in the 15 years since I left the place.

The wettest, soggiest 2 weeks of my life were spent forced to camp in bloody Keswick. Still looks just as dull and depressing as when I was there. (I was there at the height of summer both times, and it looked exactly the same)

If the sun ever managed to split the clouds I'm sure the scenery would be spectacular.
Umm, it was winter. Will this satisfy you?

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-derwentwater-1.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-derwentwater-walla-crag.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-derwentwater-keswick-landing-stages.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-derwentwater-keswick-launches.jpg   Santa spotted in the Lake District!!-derwentwater-landing-stages.jpg  

Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Umm, it was winter. Will this satisfy you?

OzTennis
BEAUTIFUL