Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

The Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant future
Default Re: Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hutch
Can't wait to get our son started at school there. He'll have about six months off before starting (he's just turned four) and then attend the school across the road from my parent's house. My father is on the PTA there (he's a retired English teacher with over 30 years experience) and he said the curriculum was far more rounded than in the UK and that they were far happier to let the kids be kids, before starting them on the examination and testing conveyor belt. At the school our son attends in the UK (one of the top 10 primary's in the country), he is already being tested on a daily basis which I personally find appalling. Both government and parents in this country seem obsessed with exams and whilst I agree there is always going to be a need for qualifications, I think children should also be allowed to be children.
hi nice to know that they let kids be kids longer i think the kids are all growing up so quickly, good post hope your wee lad gets on ok first day off school bless! where are you off to in Oz?
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bowles Family
hi nice to know that they let kids be kids longer i think the kids are all growing up so quickly, good post hope your wee lad gets on ok first day off school bless! where are you off to in Oz?
Place called Berry, about 100Km south of Sydney. Nice semi-rural little town. Flying out in 38 days for our regular 2 months to stay with my folks and then permanently in mid-2006 Can't wait
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:01 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: Same S!it Different Bucket!!!!!!

Originally Posted by NJJ
Bastard washing machines.
Hello mate, long time no speak. Where you living now? Did I hear you're in Melbourne?

This'll make you laugh...I had to go down to Warrigul for work for a day, about a month ago. The place just reeked of shit All that prime farmland in the spring

Take it easy
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:41 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Place called Berry, about 100Km south of Sydney. Nice semi-rural little town. Flying out in 38 days for our regular 2 months to stay with my folks and then permanently in mid-2006 Can't wait

Berry's a great little town!! I lived in Nowra for a few years when I was a kid. Good luck with yor move mate, hope it all works out for you.

ZX.......
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:30 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Berry's a great little town!! I lived in Nowra for a few years when I was a kid. Good luck with yor move mate, hope it all works out for you.

ZX.......
Has a great market
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:15 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater
Hello mate, long time no speak. Where you living now? Did I hear you're in Melbourne?

This'll make you laugh...I had to go down to Warrigul for work for a day, about a month ago. The place just reeked of shit All that prime farmland in the spring

Take it easy

Yeah am in Melbourne now, East side bling bling etc. LOL

Warrigul eh? If you'd have kept going furhter east to Traralgon / LaTrobe valley etc the stink gets worse!

Hope Caroline told you I saw you in the paper the other day!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:22 am
Banned

The Freak is an unknown quantity at this point

wsame old british expat crappy talk
Old Oct 26th 2005, 7:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus

ZX.......
Yea, 'tis a nice spot. Handy for Werri beach too
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:08 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by NJJ
Yeah am in Melbourne now, East side bling bling etc. LOL

Warrigul eh? If you'd have kept going furhter east to Traralgon / LaTrobe valley etc the stink gets worse!

Hope Caroline told you I saw you in the paper the other day!
Yeah, she told me and I saw it....I looked like a drug dealer :scared:

We're moving east...hopefully to Elwood. I work from Ormond and it's a pain driving there from over here.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:39 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

don’t leave the UK for any one or many reasons because they will all exist here. Come here because there is something you desperately need and want from Australia that you can’t find either in the UK or Europe. Not because something stinks back home.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have put that better myself, totally agree, I had never been to Australia before we moved here so had no great expectations, just a husband who had lived here before and said we would could give the kids a better 'lifestyle' now I have to agree on that one, but still love the UK warts and all.

Marie
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:37 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater
Yeah, she told me and I saw it....I looked like a drug dealer :scared:

We're moving east...hopefully to Elwood. I work from Ormond and it's a pain driving there from over here.

I live near Caulfield racecourse so it wont be far from you.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by NJJ
Small world...my office is in Ormond
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by NJJ
...and I've got some good friends in Glenhuntley...I know the area quite well now...not the pubs, mind you