Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is a Salesman worth any points??

Is a Salesman worth any points??

Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:44 pm
Visa Granted-MT Eliza 06

gladiatorjw will become famous soon enough
Default Is a Salesman worth any points??

On behalf of a friend who has no computer,he is working as a car salesperson for the last 4 years. is this worth any points as i am convinced it is not but he has been told it is 50points.

He is a Carpenter by trade but has never worked a s one after he completed his apprenticeship so would he qualify for 60points. obviously he would not get points for specific work experience etc.

He is 32years old, married and two young boys so he would score well for age and English is his home language. His case I think is complicated and would be better using an agent so I am trying to find this information out before he pays for an agent to see if it is going to be worhwhile applying.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:20 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is a Salesman worth any points??

Originally Posted by gladiatorjw
On behalf of a friend who has no computer,he is working as a car salesperson for the last 4 years. is this worth any points as i am convinced it is not but he has been told it is 50points.

He is a Carpenter by trade but has never worked a s one after he completed his apprenticeship so would he qualify for 60points. obviously he would not get points for specific work experience etc.

He is 32years old, married and two young boys so he would score well for age and English is his home language. His case I think is complicated and would be better using an agent so I am trying to find this information out before he pays for an agent to see if it is going to be worhwhile applying.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,
Dont know if this will help much but...
Many agencies give a first free consult,i know ours did & i think most will,
we asked as much as we could during this,(ours was over the phone) & asked where we went from here,they should be able to tell you whether its worth your while or not.
My hubby works in sales,has done for 3yrs,but he had to be put through as a fitter(same company,just worked his way up)
Tell him to phone around a few agencies & find out as much as poss,put his mind at rest & he can take it from there
Donna.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:30 am
Just Joined

milo678 is an unknown quantity at this point

If anybody can help your friend its a guy who did our tra, he is an expert and he is a skills assessor and a migration agent who came here from england 5 years ago so knows all the ups and downs with the process. You said your friend was also a chippy so he could get the 60 points. Re work exp its not what you know its who you know if you get what i mean, there are ways and means around everything. Give this guy a quick email regarding the situation and he will get back to you.
email [email protected]
There is a better life for everyone outthere you have just got to want it

hoPE THIS HELPS I KNOW JOHN WILL (AUSTRALIAN MIGRATION SKILLS ASSESSMENT SERVICES) ANOTHER EMAIL IS [email protected] DOESN'T MATTER WHICH ONE YOU USE.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:45 am
Visa Granted-MT Eliza 06

gladiatorjw will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much for this info. My mate is an ex -zimbabwean rugbly player and wants the move badly. I will try those contacts. Cheers

Originally Posted by milo678
If anybody can help your friend its a guy who did our tra, he is an expert and he is a skills assessor and a migration agent who came here from england 5 years ago so knows all the ups and downs with the process. You said your friend was also a chippy so he could get the 60 points. Re work exp its not what you know its who you know if you get what i mean, there are ways and means around everything. Give this guy a quick email regarding the situation and he will get back to you.
email [email protected]
There is a better life for everyone outthere you have just got to want it

hoPE THIS HELPS I KNOW JOHN WILL (AUSTRALIAN MIGRATION SKILLS ASSESSMENT SERVICES) ANOTHER EMAIL IS [email protected] DOESN'T MATTER WHICH ONE YOU USE.