Sale of house

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sale of house

Hi all,
I am in the process of applying for a 457 sponsorship, and along with all the other excitement & worries, I have been wondering when to put my house up for sale. If all goes to plan, I should get a job (I am a nurse) within the next 2 months - then there is the visa process - which I have been told should take about 3 months. That takes me up to around Dec/Jan - hardly the best time to sell a house, this together with the probability that the housing market here in the UK is likely to drop on its knees makes me think that I should sell soon.
I just want someone to give me some idea of what would be safest option, thinking about probability of getting job/visa or should I just say 'sod it' and sell now. What do you think?
Caroline
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sale of house

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hi all,
I am in the process of applying for a 457 sponsorship, and along with all the other excitement & worries, I have been wondering when to put my house up for sale. If all goes to plan, I should get a job (I am a nurse) within the next 2 months - then there is the visa process - which I have been told should take about 3 months. That takes me up to around Dec/Jan - hardly the best time to sell a house, this together with the probability that the housing market here in the UK is likely to drop on its knees makes me think that I should sell soon.
I just want someone to give me some idea of what would be safest option, thinking about probability of getting job/visa or should I just say 'sod it' and sell now. What do you think?
Caroline

We`re general skills I`m wondering the same thing we`ve got longer to wait than you, sould here from the tra september then got the long wait for the visas.
We are thinking of putting house up for sale end of september, we have some sorting out on the house to do first then we want to sell and rent.
They say at the moment its a buyers market more sellers to buyers "things could take a while" according to esate agents best times to put house on market is september and easter time? If house prices are to drop and slow down a little then I am going to try to sell sooner rather than later.

Good luck Sue2
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:01 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

We put ours on the market in July and so far have only had 2 viewings, one cancellation and 1 viewing that they say took place but I don't think it did. Not at all happy with agent as we have had no feedback whatsoever so put house with another agent. They wanted to up fees but we stood our ground and have the same deal as when they were sole sellers. Hopefully this will put a rocket up their backsides. They have booked 2 more for tomorrow. Things should pick up now as school hols are almost over.
We lodged 13.08.04 and are going down the bond route so hopefully things should move quite swiftly. If you have somewhere to go, sell now. Probably not at all helpful.
Sarah
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

Decided on the 'sod it' route - board going up tomorrow!!
Cas
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:06 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Sell

Walla
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:22 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Caroline
Sod it & sell now!
You have control of the situation,worse case scenario you pull out?
We were in the same turmoil sell or hold off,posted a thread on here a few weeks back & read everybodys replys,allot of people in the same boat gave us the encouragement & we went for it.
Now we panic till the visa comes through :scared:
Donna.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:27 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Have you had Meds done yet Donna?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:46 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Have you had Meds done yet Donna?
Yeah all done & sent about 7wks ago.(frontloaded)
Donna.

Last edited by madsad; Aug 23rd 2004 at 7:48 pm. Reason: missed a word out
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:01 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
Yeah all done & sent about 7wks ago.(frontloaded)
Donna.
Well looks like a BBQ Turkey in Brissy for Xmas then. Fingers crossed its not too long till you get the ok.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

suemalpass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Caroline
hi caroline... don't believe this...this is sue fromn the hazelhurst unit... wow... we are hoping to be oz bound as well. our house is on the marrket alreadywe hope to be off jan 2005 all going well. where are you heading for???
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well looks like a BBQ Turkey in Brissy for Xmas then. Fingers crossed its not too long till you get the ok.
Thanks Bordy
Donna.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by suemalpass

hi caroline... don't believe this...this is sue fromn the hazelhurst unit... wow... we are hoping to be oz bound as well. our house is on the marrket alreadywe hope to be off jan 2005 all going well. where are you heading for???
Bl**dy Hell Sue !!!! We are hoping to be there in Jan or Feb ! Heading for Melbourne (been linked to a hospital there) What about you?? What visa are you going on? I will phone you tomorrow, Cas
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Sale of house

Hi Caroline

I would go for it and get it on the market A.S.A.P. it takes time to sell and if you get your visa on the fastrak because your a nurse, then the last thing you want is your unsold houes in the back of your mind.
We've just sold ours and moved out on 26th july and are just hoping that the visa comes through,i(centre link are processing our AOS and bond at the moment). If your serious about somthing you will do everything you can to get it, and selling up is part and parcel. After all if you dont get in you can go house hunting its not the end of the world

Go for it Caroline

All the best

SIGNMANGLEN :scared:
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Hi Caroline

I would go for it and get it on the market A.S.A.P. it takes time to sell and if you get your visa on the fastrak because your a nurse, then the last thing you want is your unsold houes in the back of your mind.
We've just sold ours and moved out on 26th july and are just hoping that the visa comes through,i(centre link are processing our AOS and bond at the moment). If your serious about somthing you will do everything you can to get it, and selling up is part and parcel. After all if you dont get in you can go house hunting its not the end of the world

Go for it Caroline

All the best

SIGNMANGLEN :scared:
Hi, got in touch with the estate agent, 'for sale' sign going up tomorrow!
GLEN - see you on the 10th in the Moorland
Caroline
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:52 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, got in touch with the estate agent, 'for sale' sign going up tomorrow!
GLEN - see you on the 10th in the Moorland
Caroline

Good on ya girl. The sooner the better. Just thought I'd hang around for this mornings viewing... surprise, surprise. Another one who didn't turn up. Really makes me wonder whether they are booking people in to look as though they are doing their job. Sounds silly I know as it would be a waste of their time also, my other thought is and this sounds even more outgrageous, Andrew's ex wife is booking the viewings. She has gone amazingly quiet since finding out that we are emigrating, she even turned around and walked into another shop when she saw me this morning. Mmmmm! Has me thinking. Hopefully you won't have any of my concerns and your house will go in a flash. Good luck.
Sarah