Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sale Agreed atlast!!

Sale Agreed atlast!!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:57 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future
Default Sale Agreed atlast!!

Not been on here for ages, been busy decorating and keeping house spotless for viewings. Not easy with two very untidy kids, well 3 if you count my hubby!!

Finally we've had an offer on our house and accepted it. Was beginning to wonder if anyone was ever going to buy it!!

Started clearing the loft at the weekend, wot fun that was, not sure why we kept boxes that the toaster came in or kettle, but Im sure there was a good reason at the time! Just cant imagine what it was!!

Now the fun really starts.

Keeping fingers and toes tightly crossed.

Jo
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale Agreed atlast!!

Originally Posted by Joanne
Not been on here for ages, been busy decorating, then keeping house spotless for viewings. Not easy with two very untidy kids, well 3 if you count my hubby!!

Finally we've had an offer on our house and accepted it. Was beginning to wonder if anyone was ever going to buy it!!

Started clearing the loft at the weekend, wot fun that was, not sure why we kept boxes that the toaster came in or kettle came in, but Im sure there was a good reason at the time!

Now the fun really starts. Keep finers and toes tightly crossed.

Jo
PHEW!!!!

well done mate!!! nice one
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:01 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rooksie
PHEW!!!!

well done mate!!! nice one
Have you sold your house? Not been on for ages, so not sure whose at what stage or where? If that makes any sense!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

Have you sold your house? Not been on for ages, so not sure whose at what stage or where? If that makes any sense!
house been on chuffin market since last july mate. over 60 viewings and not a sniff of an offer!!!! bloody hell!!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:12 pm
Mount Eliza

house been on chuffin market since last july mate. over 60 viewings and not a sniff of an offer!!!! bloody hell!!!!!!

I think trying to sell house is worse than whole visa process put together, and as you know Ive been stressy at times over the visa, but nothing compared to selling the house. I was a woman on a mission every morning cleaning the house, think I need to see a shrink!!

We altered the price on ours and changed it to offers in excess of, it got new people interested and touch wood, fingers crossed, a buyer.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

I think trying to sell house is worse than whole visa process put together, and as you know Ive been stressy at times over the visa, but nothing compared to selling the house. I was a woman on a mission every morning cleaning the house, think I need to see a shrink!!

We altered the price on ours and changed it to offers in excess of, it got new people interested and touch wood, fingers crossed, a buyer.

we got our visas last friday which is great but knowing that we have been trying to sell the house for well over 6 months and no offers has kind of taken the shine off it a bit!!! feel as though we will be stuck here for ever . get on to your solicitor mate and make sure they push push push constantly and make sure the sale goes through to completion. tell then you dont want your file in the cabinet EVER - it has always got to be on the desk!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:20 pm
Mount Eliza

we got our visas last friday which is great but knowing that we have been trying to sell the house for well over 6 months and no offers has kind of taken the shine off it a bit!!! feel as though we will be stuck here for ever . get on to your solicitor mate and make sure they push push push constantly and make sure the sale goes through to completion. tell then you dont want your file in the cabinet EVER - it has always got to be on the desk!!
Congrats on getting your Visa's, thats brilliant news after everything you've been through to get them. I dont know how you remained so sain, I would have lost the plot long ago!! And probably given up!!

Ive told solicitors that as our buyers are in rented and have 6 weeks left to run and then they can give a months notice, I want to exchange contracts in six weeks (ha ha, well pigs might fly) and complete in a month. That way we can book flights, removers etc when contracts have exchanged and it gives us a month to finalise everything. Well thats the plan anyway, you just watch it go t*ts up!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

Congrats on getting your Visa's, thats brilliant news after everything you've been through to get them. I dont know how you remained so sain, I would have lost the plot long ago!! And probably given up!!

Ive told solicitors that as our buyers are in rented and have 6 weeks left to run and then they can give a months notice, I want to exchange contracts in six weeks (ha ha, well pigs might fly) and complete in a month. That way we can book flights, removers etc when contracts have exchanged and it gives us a month to finalise everything. Well thats the plan anyway, you just watch it go t*ts up!!

good luck mate!!!! it will be fine. just keep on top of the sols/estate agents - never assume anything!! jx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:23 pm
Mount Eliza

good luck mate!!!! it will be fine. just keep on top of the sols/estate agents - never assume anything!! jx
I think the estate agent will be glad when he's no longer got to deal with my daily rantings at no viewings!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 3:06 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Not been on here for ages, been busy decorating and keeping house spotless for viewings. Not easy with two very untidy kids, well 3 if you count my hubby!!

Started clearing the loft at the weekend, wot fun that was, not sure why we kept boxes that the toaster came in or kettle, but Im sure there was a good reason at the time! Just cant imagine what it was!!

Jo

Congrats must be the day for selling houses!!

Kris xx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough

Jo
Hi Jo

Well done!!! Keeping everything crossed for you. Hope to see you soon.

Carolyn
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:52 am
Mount Eliza

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi Jo

Well done!!! Keeping everything crossed for you. Hope to see you soon.

Carolyn
Cheers Carolyn, was about to email you and tell you the good news, but you saw this before I got chance. Fingers crossed we will be able to talk in person soon!!!