Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Salary Packaging with LAFHA

Salary Packaging with LAFHA

Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Salary Packaging with LAFHA

Couldn't quite find an answer to this so thought I'd pose the question to see if my suspicions are correct.

My wife can claim LAFHA with her job but the job also comes with salary packaging. If the amount of LAFHA claimed takes her taxable salary down to to the minimum salary level of $45k am I correct in thinking that we wouldn't be able to also use the Salary Packaging ($9k) as that is also not allowed to reduce the salary to under the minimum level. Or is it classed separately and exempt from the minimum salary calculations???

Thanks!