salaries

Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default salaries

hoping to go to oz as a stainless steel fabricator. salary looks to be about $50000 for the jobs i saw( less than 2/3rdsof what i earn here.) is this a realistic wage to live on in your experiences? my wife and i want to start a family in oz and i need to know i can provide.not very materialistic but don't want to toil
Old Jun 8th 2006, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: salaries

Originally Posted by kporte
hoping to go to oz as a stainless steel fabricator. salary looks to be about $50000 for the jobs i saw( less than 2/3rdsof what i earn here.) is this a realistic wage to live on in your experiences? my wife and i want to start a family in oz and i need to know i can provide.not very materialistic but don't want to toil
Hi

I think it very much depends on your situation but I think you would struggle on that salary alone if you had a mortgage or rent to pay and a baby.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 11:52 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi

I think it very much depends on your situation but I think you would struggle on that salary alone if you had a mortgage or rent to pay and a baby.
We're in NSW on $45k and it is very tight - we can manage but only with hubby doing over time every day. If you can negotiate for more then def do it. No point in coming out here and not being able to do anything because you're restricted by money!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
We're in NSW on $45k and it is very tight - we can manage but only with hubby doing over time every day. If you can negotiate for more then def do it. No point in coming out here and not being able to do anything because you're restricted by money!
Absolutely! We've both got jobs on similar salaries, dollar for pound, to what we were on in the UK, and have found that we're better off than we were. We would have managed on only one salary (i.e. half, as we earn similar amounts), and did for a while, but it really restricted what we could do.
I'm not sure whether the salary you're looking at includes super - the jobs i looked at quoted it in the overall figure, which they wouldn't in the UK, it would be out of that and in with the benefits figure. Worth checking - you could be even worse off than you thought.
Good luck.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: salaries

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi

thanks for the replies! think i will earn more but want to be realistic and look at worst case.this site is so helpful in giving honest advice and opinions. really feel it will help us make a much more informed decision!!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

worplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to allworplace is a name known to all

Hi, When we first come I started on 50k, we managed no problem, Its nearly a grand a week. Alot of people earn alot less.
Regards
Lee