Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sailing in Perth???

Sailing in Perth???

Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:45 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sailing in Perth???

Hi,

we're coming to Perth for our validation trip, arriving 27 December.

Does anybody know of a company that does sailing trips?

Thanks.

Gina
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:30 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sailing in Perth???

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

Thanks.

Gina
There are all sorts of trips out of Hillarys. Whale watching and shark fishing seem to be the most popular but I am sure there is one of every sort.

It may be of interest but a few weeks ago about 6 different places all up the coast were running introduction to sailing days. We would have gone but we had only just got here.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:08 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Gina

if you mean sailing as in mast, sails and wind as opposed to engine, then perhaps contact the royal perth yacht club, i'm sure they will be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help.

Here is thier website http://www.rpyc.com.au/

It's great to sit by Matilda Bay on a saturday morning watching them practice!

Lynn
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:15 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by worzel
There are all sorts of trips out of Hillarys. Whale watching and shark fishing seem to be the most popular but I am sure there is one of every sort.

It may be of interest but a few weeks ago about 6 different places all up the coast were running introduction to sailing days. We would have gone but we had only just got here.
Hi, it was called TRY-Sailing and almost all yacht club members make their boats available on that day, it is a great time to go into the clubs and check them out. Most have social memberships available and the members are always looking for people willing to learn to crew on their boats for racing. In answer to the question of the yacht day trips there is a 60 footer from the Eastern States that is in Fremantle at the moment taking people on day trips to Rottnest Island for $99 per head all meals included. I will try to find out the info and post it. The boat will still be here in the New Year. Suzette.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:24 am

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

Thanks.

Gina
Hi Gina, got the information on the yacht,, www.starsand.com.au hope this is what you are looking for. Suzette.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:56 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi, it was called TRY-Sailing and almost all yacht club members make their boats available on that day, it is a great time to go into the clubs and check them out.
Is it just once a year then?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by worzel
Is it just once a year then?
Yes, the try sailing is once a year, last month or October I think, but you can go to the Clubs and let them know you want to learn to crew on a boat, they are always looking for crew that want to learn. I know there is about three boats at the Cruising Yacht Club in Rockingham that is looking, I have signed up many a new member so as they can crew on boats. Most clubs place notices on the boards looking for crew, even just ring them or pop in you will always find someone willing to sign you in if you are interested in learning to sail..Suzette. PS racing is Saturdays 2pm
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:32 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I went on a couple of twilight races - brilliant fun - on various yachts . There are loads of clubs in the Perth area and surrounds! Can't remember all the names of the places though. If you know anyone that is a member, then tag along (That's what I did), but I'm not sure if you can just waltz up to these places and go in. Try doing a search on the tinternet.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by claire edwards
I went on a couple of twilight races - brilliant fun - on various yachts . There are loads of clubs in the Perth area and surrounds! Can't remember all the names of the places though. If you know anyone that is a member, then tag along (That's what I did), but I'm not sure if you can just waltz up to these places and go in. Try doing a search on the tinternet.
They are members only, but they are always interested in new members and they are not as snooty as a lot of people think, if they dont want new crew, try the next club, I looked up Try-sailing on the internet and you just missed out it was Nov.6th.Bummer. Once we get our little boat in the water again(lack of funds) you are more than welcome to tag along. We are members of TCYC in Rockingham and have a great time out on the water and in the club.Suzette.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi Gina, got the information on the yacht,, www.starsand.com.au hope this is what you are looking for. Suzette.
Dear Suzette,

you are a star (karma on its way). This was exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you very much. We'll definitely want to go on one of their day trips while we are in Perth.

And when we come over for good, the info on how to get to crew on yachts will come in handy too.

Thanks again.

Gina