sailing to oz

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default sailing to oz

i know we touched on this the other week but i wondered if anyone had looked into it in more detail.

I've found 1 website but it doesnt seem to offer exactly what i'm looking for uk-freo, so has anyone found anything else?

http://members.aol.com/cruiseAZ/freighters

Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

sorry that should have been

http://members.aol.com/cruiseAZ/freighters.htm

Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:43 am
WBB

is that really a cruise ship?

never heard of that!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

No Billy, its freigters, just like what our containers will be going on.

Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:16 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Blimey its expensive though is'nt it!!!

£65 per person per day it says on there, thats going to be about £3000 for a 7 week trip !

Unless i am reading it wrong.

Sounds good though! The rooms look amazing on some of those ships.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:48 pm
WBB

oh, did'nt think you could go on a freight ship to australia.!!!

and i tought a 24 hour flight was bad.

Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now Billy

wouldn't you change your tune if it was a sheep ship though

Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:52 pm
WBB

Originally posted by lynnj
Now Billy

wouldn't you change your tune if it was a sheep ship though

Lynn

what?

Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dont tell me you havent heard of sheep ships? I thought they'd have been right up your street
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:56 pm
WBB

a sheep ship.....never heard of it!

but as a guess, is it a ship full of sheep?

Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes Billy have tourself a beer

they are great massive buggers of things and carry about a million sheep at a time, usually from oz to the middle east as they like them delivered live, they smell like hell and are fairly depressing things to see, but, i'm sure with a pair of wellies and a clothes peg on your nose you would be able to pass an afternoon or 2.

Am i bored this afternoon or what.

On a more serious note my old mother cant fly for medical resons and my dad is trying to persuade her to sail to oz, i'm sure he thinks it'd be like a wartime adventure:scared:

L
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:33 pm
WBB

they are great massive buggers of things and carry about a million sheep at a time, usually from oz to the middle east as they like them delivered live, they smell like hell and are fairly depressing things to see, but, i'm sure with a pair of wellies and a clothes peg on your nose you would be able to pass an afternoon or 2.

On a more serious note my old mother cant fly for medical resons and my dad is trying to persuade her to sail to oz, i'm sure he thinks it'd be like a wartime adventure:scared:

L
where can i book up for one of those....?

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:18 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

L
Lynn
I think my Mum may have the same problem, as she's had surgery on her middle ear last year. I can't bear the thought of suggesting she gets on a freighter though and I don't think she'd appreciate it !!! (with or without sheep)

Might have to get used to the idea that she can't come to us, so I'll have to fly back to see her.

Last edited by ohsohopeful; Oct 15th 2003 at 3:20 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually this has all been my dads idea, he saw it on some tv program yesterday afternoon and the people who did it thoroughly enjoyed it, obviously not the social life of a cruise ship but aparantly excellent accomodation and food (and drink). But i'm not sure i could stand all that time looking at containers.

L
Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

24 hrs is more than enough for me- I don't think I could bear 7 weeks the anticipation would keill me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.