Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Safe suburbs in Sydney?

Safe suburbs in Sydney?

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:27 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Safe suburbs in Sydney?

Funny and a bit bewildering, why would someone think that when there appears to be be nothing to suggest he is right ? I dont think either country is remotely dangerous for the average person on an average day.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:33 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a where is safe in Sydney thread, not an Australia vs UK which is frankly irrelevant. All depends on where in the UK the OP is from. I have lived in rough areas of the UK and very safe areas. Same here. Depends on what you make of both places and whether you want to live in fear.
Originally Posted by chris955
I see absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Australia is even slightly safer than the UK let alone miles safer. It isnt backed up by crime figures so I'm not sure what you base that on ? There was 1 (one) reported crime in our village last month
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:46 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
It is a where is safe in Sydney thread, not an Australia vs UK which is frankly irrelevant. All depends on where in the UK the OP is from. I have lived in rough areas of the UK and very safe areas. Same here. Depends on what you make of both places and whether you want to live in fear.
I agree, I was just surprised by post 13. As you say it is irrelevant.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:47 am

Depends on the mood of the MIL.
Funny and a bit bewildering, why would someone think that when there appears to be be nothing to suggest he is right ? I dont think either country is remotely dangerous for the average person on an average day.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:58 am
Banned

My MIL was brilliant but she could be scary
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Its all relative. If you are from the Bronx, cremorne will be safe.

If you are from the royal palace in Windsor it might not be.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't you come top in the poll for most annoying cant ;-)
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:25 am

Corgis kill

Originally Posted by itxrd
Its all relative. If you are from the Bronx, cremorne will be safe.

If you are from the royal palace in Windsor it might not be.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:43 am
Banned

Didn't you come top in the poll for most annoying cant ;-)
Most annoying cant what ? I dont recall that poll.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I see absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Australia is even slightly safer than the UK let alone miles safer. It isnt backed up by crime figures so I'm not sure what you base that on ? There was 1 (one) reported crime in our village last month
You live in a village. Nuff said.

Its like saying which car is more reliable. A german car or an american one. Some things in life are just basic. And this is one of them.

Here a granny gets mugged its all over the news. In the UK they'd have to be raped and killed sad as that sounds

Anyway like you guys said I am digressing from the OP's question. They'll know I suppose once they get here. Where are they coming from anyway?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:52 am
Banned

OK, Im with you there, it isnt that it is safer in Australia it is just that they dont make such a fuss of the crime in the media. I do agree with that.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

OK, Im with you there, it isnt that it is safer in Australia it is just that they dont make such a fuss of the crime in the media. I do agree with that.
Lights are on. But there's nobody home!!!!

Have you ever lived in Australia?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Lights are on. But there's nobody home!!!!

Have you ever lived in Australia?
Only most of his life
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
Only most of his life
I dont think thats the answer he wants The thing is because I grew up in Australia and spent the majority of my life there I am able to comment on many aspects of life.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:37 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lettie
We are hoping to be in Sydney in 2013. I'm busy looking at suburbs suitable to our lifestyle, budget.
We have 2 girls; nearly 3 and 5 1/2 and are hoping to be near a beach, park, river or anywhere family orientated.
Have you any advice for me regarding reasonably priced, safe suburbs to concentrate on.
So a new poster asks a reasonable question, and "ding" like Pavlovs dogs the Anti-Australia band start braying like demented sheep.

Please ignore them Lettie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.