Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sad news about my cat...

Sad news about my cat...

Old May 16th 2005, 2:40 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Sad news about my cat...

Sorry, I realise this isnt directly related to oz but quite a few people on here have been supporting me and concerned about my cat, Holly.

Just to let you know I've had a phone call from the vet this afternoon, he's got terminal cancer in his stomach and although it can be treated with chemotherapy that only adds a few months, so dont want to put him through it.

He can have steroids which will help him feel better but he hasnt got long.

I am so upset, dont know what to do with myself.
Old May 16th 2005, 2:45 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sad news about my cat...

Originally Posted by bridiej
Sorry, I realise this isnt directly related to oz but quite a few people on here have been supporting me and concerned about my cat, Holly.

Just to let you know I've had a phone call from the vet this afternoon, he's got terminal cancer in his stomach and although it can be treated with chemotherapy that only adds a few months, so dont want to put him through it.

I know just how you feel. We lost a cat just few weeks ago. SHe had all kinds of problems and the Vet said that whilst we could treat her with massive doses of steroids etc, it would only add a few weeks and would be unpleasant for her.

We felt we had to be kind to her and she's now at peace.

Feels bloody awful though.

Deep down, you'll know what the 'right' route to take is.

Sending feline karma to you.
Old May 16th 2005, 2:53 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Bridie

I really feel for you - we lost two dogs to cancer in the last 3 years. The first one was the hardest as he was only 6 years old and then we lost the second back in September but he was a good age. It is horrid sitting across the room from a loved one knowing that you haven't got long together so make sure you share lots of cuddles.

Try and keep your chin up and remember what good company your pet has been over the years.

Binbird

Thanks SG.

Dont know what else to say, just so upset...
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi bridiej

Have pm'd you

D D
Old May 16th 2005, 2:57 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

PM'd you
Old May 16th 2005, 3:00 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bridiej, really feel for you, know how down you must feel. don't know what to say though, sorry isn't enough really.
Old May 16th 2005, 3:00 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Stay cool Bridie. I know it`s hard but just think of the many years you`ve had together and that you`ve made your cat very happy. Your cat knows you love him/her and trusts you to do the right thing and have a life as painless as possible.

Sorry.
Old May 16th 2005, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I think you've made the correct, and very painful decision.

I've lived with 4 dogs in my life. Absolutely distraught after getting each one put down, but its the correct decision each time.

Modern medicine can keep pets alive long after they want to be, they are in pain

Not much good at the emotional stuff, chin up
JTL
Old May 16th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

I really feel for you birdie, i know how it is. pets are real members of the family, whatever everyone says.

fabie
Old May 16th 2005, 3:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swissfabs
I really feel for you birdie, i know how it is. pets are real members of the family, whatever everyone says.

fabie

So sorry Bridie. Not much to say. Been there more times than I would like. Never gets any easier. All the best.
Old May 16th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Really sorry our thoughts are with you.
Old May 16th 2005, 3:51 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear about your cat .........they are just like one of the family and I know I would be heartbroken to hear the same news about my dog. You have made the right decision though. Give your cat lots of cuddles in the meantime until its time to say goodbye......will be thinking of you,

Lynn x
Old May 16th 2005, 4:06 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Oh bridie, how awful for you and Holly. We had a similar situation with one of our dogs before. We were told that she only had weeks to live but didn't want to do IT until we had all the new carpets down, so we took her back home for 2 days until work was complete. People find it a strange thing to do but we felt that we would have been wiping her completely out of our lives by doing IT then having new carpets.
Be strong and do what is best for Holly. Love and massive hugs to you.
Sarah
Old May 16th 2005, 4:12 pm

Thanks everyone, it helps to have your support.

Malc came home early from work, he's almost as upset as I am......

I just take comfort in the fact that at least we know now before we (hopefully!) make the move to Oz as I'd have felt so guilty if we'd put him through the flight and quarantine only to discover he was so ill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.