Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SA State Sponsorship Query

SA State Sponsorship Query

Old May 21st 2006, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Jo&Geoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SA State Sponsorship Query

Is anyone able to help with the following query... I have completed the online application for SA state sponsorship and need to send in my skills assessment documentation to support my application. Does anyone know whether I have to send in the original or whether a copy will be ok? If you think it is the original do you think that a certified copy would be acceptable?

Also, when I have checked the assessment tracker it says that my online application is Missing or Unacceptable but I am not sure whether this means that it has been reviewed and not accepted or if this is just what it says when they are waiting for the documents as i had thought that it would not be reviewed until they had all the information?

Thanks!
Old May 21st 2006, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of
Default Re: SA State Sponsorship Query

Originally Posted by Jo&Geoff
Is anyone able to help with the following query... I have completed the online application for SA state sponsorship and need to send in my skills assessment documentation to support my application. Does anyone know whether I have to send in the original or whether a copy will be ok? If you think it is the original do you think that a certified copy would be acceptable?

Also, when I have checked the assessment tracker it says that my online application is Missing or Unacceptable but I am not sure whether this means that it has been reviewed and not accepted or if this is just what it says when they are waiting for the documents as i had thought that it would not be reviewed until they had all the information?

Thanks!
Hi,

When you applied you should have had a fax cover sheet to print out to send with your skills assessment.

We did ours last week and when we completed the application online I printed the fax cover sheet which had our reference number and faxed it through with the skills assessment etc. When I logged in to enquire on the application it said that they were waiting on documents. A day later it said that documents had been received and were being dealt with and they would be in contact by email if anything further was needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Paula
Old May 21st 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SA State Sponsorship Query

Originally Posted by Jo&Geoff

Thanks!
When I went for the sponsorship I sent notarised copy's of the assessment letter from the Institute of Engineers Australia (IEA)and my Degree certificates to them with a CV and a covering letter explaining what finance and pensions etc. that I could bring with me. They sent me a letter saying that all was acceptable with a ref number that I needed to quote when I made my DIMIA application. I dont know about online checking. I always spoke to any office at the IEA or the SA govt I needed to deal with first to sort out what they needed and then used to post. All contact with DIMIA was by email.

Good luck

Chris