Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SA Immigration Sessions

SA Immigration Sessions

Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default SA Immigration Sessions

Hey Guys, I received an e-mail from a SA official thought you might like to see -

During October South Australia's Skilled Migration Manager, Ms Ann Johnson, will be presenting a series of informative sessions throughout the UK and Ireland for skilled and business migrants and Working Holiday Makers.

The sessions are intended to provide an insight into the range of visa programs available for Australia and also cover important settlement issues such as Employment, Education and Housing in South Australia.

The sessions are open to anyone interested in Migration to Australia and are free to attend, but pre-registration is essential. Your invitation and registration form are attached to this email. Please respond and confirm your attendance no later than 48 hours prior to the event you are interested in attending.

I hope to see you at one of our presentations, if however you are not able to attend please reply if you would like me to forward any specific information regarding Migration to South Australia.
Hopefully I will manage to attach the invite and registration thing, here goes...
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Consumer Reply.doc (311.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: pdf
Consumer%20Invitation[1].pdf (42.4 KB, 134 views)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SA Immigration Sessions

Thanks for that!

We are in South Wales and sadly the closest venue is London, (as per usual) but as there are two London dates we might be able to make one of them.

It was really throughtful thing to post the info on here. Sending you some K!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Thanks for that!

We are in South Wales and sadly the closest venue is London, (as per usual) but as there are two London dates we might be able to make one of them.

It was really throughtful thing to post the info on here. Sending you some K!
Right back at ya. We're in Scotchland so we can't go either. Tried to make my reply imply that there is other places in the UK other than England! But without being cheeky, in case there's some kind of internal thing where they blacklist our names (no, not paranoid at all ).

Here's to the Celt's!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Hey Guys, I received an e-mail from a SA official thought you might like to see -

Hopefully I will manage to attach the invite and registration thing, here goes...
Thanks for posting this.
Johnnyyt
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Right back at ya. We're in Scotchland so we can't go either. Tried to make my reply imply that there is other places in the UK other than England! But without being cheeky, in case there's some kind of internal thing where they blacklist our names (no, not paranoid at all ).

Here's to the Celt's!

I know what you mean about being paranoid. I am so polite in all my enquiries to any of the immigration depts etc. I am soooo grateful for any little crumb they can offer. LOL. Don't like to think of them with a big list crossing peoples' names off.......

As a person on the outpost of known civilisation I'm used to things always being in England. It's not so bad for us as we are 2 hours from Brum and London, but for people in the Highlands or West Wales it must be a real nightmare.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:02 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe those of you attending can ask Ann when the list of skilled occupations that the SA Government will sponsor will be available on the Immigration SA website!

Best regards.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Maybe those of you attending can ask Ann when the list of skilled occupations that the SA Government will sponsor will be available on the Immigration SA website!

Best regards.

LOL. That's the $1000 question Alan!!

I'm hoping the list will be published before then to put me out of my misery!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:35 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Email just in from Immigration SA:

"I am pleased to advise that Immigration SA are now in the final stages of testing the new online application system for South Australian Government Sponsorship for the Skilled Sponsored (permanent) and Skilled Sponsored Regional (provisional) visas. The system will go online in the week commencing Tuesday 2nd October (taking into account a State public holiday on Monday 1st October). The occupation lists will be uploaded at the same time."

Best regards.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Email just in from Immigration SA:

"I am pleased to advise that Immigration SA are now in the final stages of testing the new online application system for South Australian Government Sponsorship for the Skilled Sponsored (permanent) and Skilled Sponsored Regional (provisional) visas. The system will go online in the week commencing Tuesday 2nd October (taking into account a State public holiday on Monday 1st October). The occupation lists will be uploaded at the same time."

Best regards.
Thanks Alan!

I was just logging in to check if there had been any changes to the SAimmi site when I got notification of your post. Disappointing it's not today as we were led to believe, but the end is at last in sight.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

sounds good to me
Old Sep 28th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

garyjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nice

Hi,

Just a quick note to say thanks for bringing this event to my attention. It is much appreciated.

I have just sent off the form to attend the seminar in Liverpool.

Kind Regards,

Gary
Old Sep 28th 2007, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scotland to Oz!

Hope your occupation is on the list!