Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SA to Brisbane reccie help needed suburbs to visit within 1 hour of CBD

SA to Brisbane reccie help needed suburbs to visit within 1 hour of CBD

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default SA to Brisbane reccie help needed suburbs to visit within 1 hour of CBD

we are doing a reccie from Adelaide to queensland(brisbane) in a couple of weeks.
I would like help on suburbs to visit that are

within an hours driving /train from the CBD as hubby will need to work in the CBD (advertising agency work)

AND good schools both primary and secondary.

sorry I know this may have been done before but would really like to get a chance to take in the different areas when we are there as it will only be a short reccie before we return to SA.
We want to get a feel for whether Brissie would suit us better.Or whether to stay put/return to uk.

many thanks

Last edited by ellie10990; Mar 3rd 2008 at 11:56 pm. Reason: type error
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:11 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SA to Brisbane reccie help needed suburbs to visit within 1 hour of CBD

Quite a few to choose from...

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/living/suburbs/
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:13 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SA to Brisbane reccie help needed suburbs to visit within 1 hour of CBD

Come down to the Gold Coast and sample the lifestyle. We live in Robina - fantastic, family friendly new 'town' with great facilities and close to most things you would want. We live 5 mins from a very good school & the rail station, 2 mins from the shopping centre and 10-15 mins from lovely beaches.

My OH does the journey up to the CBD every day, discounted rail ticket costing just over 60 dollars a week.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:25 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I live in Sherwood, 30 mins to CBD via train and lovely family area. There are parks, bike tracks and pools nearby as well as two great primary schools (St Joseph's Corinda and Sherwood State School). Corinda State High is decent, but it's only a 10min train trip (or car ride) to Indooripilly State High which has a great reputation - and offers both the High School Cert and the International Baccalaureate for senior students. There are also a number of private schools close by (or on the train line). I love living here.

Have a look at Graceville, Sherwood and Corinda (all 3 suburbs next door to each other).
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellie10990
we are doing a reccie from Adelaide to queensland(brisbane) in a couple of weeks.
I would like help on suburbs to visit that are

within an hours driving /train from the CBD as hubby will need to work in the CBD (advertising agency work)

AND good schools both primary and secondary.

sorry I know this may have been done before but would really like to get a chance to take in the different areas when we are there as it will only be a short reccie before we return to SA.
We want to get a feel for whether Brissie would suit us better.Or whether to stay put/return to uk.

many thanks
Hi Ellie

I know you probably know, but an hour from the CBD on a good day can be just about any suburb, and on a bad virtually none.

Do you plan to rent or buy? How much do you intend to spend? What sort of area are you after; coast, city, country? Acreage or estate?

We're out in the western suburbs, and for what its worth, I think you can do a lot worse. Have a drive down Moggill Road (main road into CBD from the west). It takes in Toowong, Indooroopilly, Chapel Hill, Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Pullenvale, Brookfield, Pinjarra Hills, Anstead, Bellbowrie, Moggill; obviously the further out you go, the longer the commute, Toowong and Indooroopilly are serve by trains, buses are frequent from the others, generally moving from city to country, all good family areas (certainly from Chapel Hill) with good services and schools.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
Hi Ellie

I know you probably know, but an hour from the CBD on a good day can be just about any suburb, and on a bad virtually none.

Do you plan to rent or buy? How much do you intend to spend? What sort of area are you after; coast, city, country? Acreage or estate?

We're out in the western suburbs, and for what its worth, I think you can do a lot worse. Have a drive down Moggill Road (main road into CBD from the west). It takes in Toowong, Indooroopilly, Chapel Hill, Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Pullenvale, Brookfield, Pinjarra Hills, Anstead, Bellbowrie, Moggill; obviously the further out you go, the longer the commute, Toowong and Indooroopilly are serve by trains, buses are frequent from the others, generally moving from city to country, all good family areas (certainly from Chapel Hill) with good services and schools.

Hope this helps.

Andy
thanks Andy we plan to rent initially but we will have approx 630k to spend on a house.Hoping for a 4 bed if possible.

I appreciate what you say re traffic,its like that here too at times.Some days it takes 30 mins into the CBD other days over 90 mins especially if we leave after 7.20 am or between 5 to 6.15pm

Just hoping to be a little warmer in the winter than where we are now
and for it to be warm enough to sit out and have tea(although I know it will be dark up there)
keep the replies coming and thanks for all the ideas to visit so far