s

Old May 7th 2006, 8:43 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default dog jabs

we took our dog to the vet for her booster jabs and asked the vet not to include the lepto part but the vet said you con only give the dog the jag with the lepto in it.I didnot allow her to have the booster but i am still confused weather she needs any jags at all can some one help

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; May 7th 2006 at 8:49 pm.
Old May 7th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog jabs

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
we took our dog to the vet for her booster jabs and asked the vet not to include the lepto part but the vet said you con only give the dog the jag with the lepto in it.I didnot allow her to have the booster but i am still confused weather she needs any jags at all can some one help
Go to another vet, it can be given without the lepto.

Jo
Old May 7th 2006, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
Go to another vet, it can be given without the lepto.

Jo

What is lepto ? as my dog is due boosters soon
Mandy
Old May 7th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
What is lepto ? as my dog is due boosters soon
Mandy
I beleive one of the vaccines is mixed with the letpo something or other vaccine, its one of the things tested for before they allow your pet in, lepto vaccine means that it will be positive and the dog wont be allowed to go until it wears off, can be as much as 6 months. Other vaccines can be given with a saline solution instead but some vets are to lazy to do it. Dont allow it with your pet. Luckily ours had it in the November and was cleared in the March, dont know how we were very lucky, did panic for a while.

Jo
Old May 7th 2006, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
I beleive one of the vaccines is mixed with the letpo something or other vaccine, its one of the things tested for before they allow your pet in, lepto vaccine means that it will be positive and the dog wont be allowed to go until it wears off, can be as much as 6 months. Other vaccines can be given with a saline solution instead but some vets are to lazy to do it. Dont allow it with your pet. Luckily ours had it in the November and was cleared in the March, dont know how we were very lucky, did panic for a while.

Jo

Thanks for that i will watch out for that and make sure the vet doesn't give him that vaccine.
Mandy
Old May 7th 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Thanks for that i will watch out for that and make sure the vet doesn't give him that vaccine.
Mandy
Give them a ring before your appointment as not many vets have it in stock without lepto...ours took 5 days to order it in.

Hilaryxx
Old May 7th 2006, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hilary6
Give them a ring before your appointment as not many vets have it in stock without lepto...ours took 5 days to order it in.

Hilaryxx

Thanks for the advice
Mandy