Ryder Cup

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Ryder Cup

Ok Lads,
Does anybody know of anywhere in Perth that is showing the whole of the Ryder cup and not just what is been shown on Foxtel as they are missing most of the last day.
I really don't want to have the hassle of flying all the way home just to see a bit of golf.Even a fight as important as this.

Help.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:01 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryder Cup

My sister is a sales rep and was travelling to Ireland this week on business, she called me today and mentioned she got talking to a Spanish couple at the hotel she was staying at.
She asked them if they liked the hotel and the women was very snotty and said "no"
As the conversation unfolded the woman was really full of herself.
My sister asked if they were in Ireland for the Ryder cup?
The lady coldly replied "Of course, our son is in it"
Apparently it was Sergio Garcia's parents......................... just to add insult my sister had no idea who he is, as she's not into sports.
The women left very haughtily, my sister was not impressed by her attitude
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:45 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lionheart
My sister is a sales rep and was travelling to Ireland this week on business, she called me today and mentioned she got talking to a Spanish couple at the hotel she was staying at.
She asked them if they liked the hotel and the women was very snotty and said "no"
As the conversation unfolded the woman was really full of herself.
My sister asked if they were in Ireland for the Ryder cup?
The lady coldly replied "Of course, our son is in it"
Apparently it was Sergio Garcia's parents......................... just to add insult my sister had no idea who he is, as she's not into sports.
The women left very haughtily, my sister was not impressed by her attitude
It's funny that when people are full of themselves. I've never heard of him either!

Last year I made a bit of a fool of myself asking my work collegues if they'd ever heard of the lovely retired football player who was babysitting his grandaughter who's in my sons class.

I said he's called something Mathews, "Leigh Mathews?" they asked. "Oh yes that was his name" .. turns out most people in Melbourne think he was the best footballer ever almost a legend and I'd never heard of him.

BTW he is lovely and not snotty.

LJJ
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 5:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The Austar coverage has been lamentable - it was advertised in the timetable as starting live at eight yesterday evening - nothing! ***** football.

Today, the "highlights" were on for 3 hours this morning: the sound levels were so far out that the commentary was inaudible half the time. Since they didn't bother to record a new commentary, and since the commentators were talking about the shots "live" the viewer had little idea of what the hell was happening. And the camera levels were so badly set that in the evening sun the screen was almost black!

Bring back Peter Allis - all is forgiven!

Second day is on live in 1.45 hrs - quick visit to my building site and back to find out if that's a non-event too!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wol
The Austar coverage has been lamentable - it was advertised in the timetable as starting live at eight yesterday evening - nothing! ***** football.

Today, the "highlights" were on for 3 hours this morning: the sound levels were so far out that the commentary was inaudible half the time. Since they didn't bother to record a new commentary, and since the commentators were talking about the shots "live" the viewer had little idea of what the hell was happening. And the camera levels were so badly set that in the evening sun the screen was almost black!

Bring back Peter Allis - all is forgiven!

Second day is on live in 1.45 hrs - quick visit to my building site and back to find out if that's a non-event too!

Hi,

We're getting close to our visa being granted, (I think) and believe it or not the Ryder Cup has increased my jitters about leaving. I was sat with my Dad on the first tee on the first morning at the K CLub Dublin, Friday 8am and it was one of the best experiences ever !!!!!! (Don't mean to sound smug, sorry) But the fact I was sat with a very European crowd completely united and going apeshit was incredible. Irrational I know, but am really starting to crap myself over whether we're doing the right thing.

ps the fact that we got hassled by a Polish beggar on our way home in Dublin sort of balanced things.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by martynm
Hi,

We're getting close to our visa being granted, (I think) and believe it or not the Ryder Cup has increased my jitters about leaving. I was sat with my Dad on the first tee on the first morning at the K CLub Dublin, Friday 8am and it was one of the best experiences ever !!!!!! (Don't mean to sound smug, sorry) But the fact I was sat with a very European crowd completely united and going apeshit was incredible. Irrational I know, but am really starting to crap myself over whether we're doing the right thing.

ps the fact that we got hassled by a Polish beggar on our way home in Dublin sort of balanced things.

Hey Martymn,
Just a quickie question,are you from Dublin. We are and are loving it out here and have found a huge amount of fellow Irish men out here. we get together to watch the matchs,especially Rugby and AFL. It is great crack. Don't be afraid of the jitters, they are normal. If you expect to get them then their not as bad. Most Irish people support the Fremantle Dockers here in Perth as we all tend to support the underdogs. So where are you heading to?
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hey Martymn,
Just a quickie question,are you from Dublin. We are and are loving it out here and have found a huge amount of fellow Irish men out here. we get together to watch the matchs,especially Rugby and AFL. It is great crack. Don't be afraid of the jitters, they are normal. If you expect to get them then their not as bad. Most Irish people support the Fremantle Dockers here in Perth as we all tend to support the underdogs. So where are you heading to?
Hi Chef,

No not Irish, but as the saying goes.............. I wish I was !!!!
I'm a Taff, and very proud of it, but a fellow Celt nonetheless and go to Dublin and Kildare playing golf regularly and bloody love it. We're either heading to Perth or Brisbane. Is there room in the gang for an honourary Irishman with a Welsh accent ?

Thanks for the reassurance, I need it at the moment !

Martyn
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martynm
Hi Chef,

No not Irish, but as the saying goes.............. I wish I was !!!!
I'm a Taff, and very proud of it, but a fellow Celt nonetheless and go to Dublin and Kildare playing golf regularly and bloody love it. We're either heading to Perth or Brisbane. Is there room in the gang for an honourary Irishman with a Welsh accent ?

Thanks for the reassurance, I need it at the moment !

Martyn
Hey Martyn,
Yes you can become an Honorary Irishman,we will forgive the accent,just practice Ole Ole and you will fit right in.The K Club is a beautiful course and watching it on Tv the other day just made me a little homesick but very proud. My Husband is a golf player and has played most of the top courses in Ireland. Some chatting to be had over a to boast about the longest drive in Druids Glen etc.

Now going to answer your latest thread.