Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Ruthless B*****ds just sacked my husband

The Ruthless B*****ds just sacked my husband

Old Nov 27th 2003, 9:47 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Ruthless B*****ds just sacked my husband

Cant believe it he has just rung, think word got about that he was emigrating and they finished him before he could hand in his notice. Told him in a meeting this morning and used a variety of reasons why he had to go. Really bad timing ... will just have to pray that the house sale does complete on the 12th and the car will have to go sooner than we thought
The building industry is so ruthless in this country we thought he was fairly safe once he was off the tools and was a gaffer but seems not
Old Nov 27th 2003, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

How awful for you. I hope he manages to find something else soon. They sound like a ruthless bunch he is probably well rid of them.

Try and keep positive, at least you will be leaving soon anyway
Old Nov 27th 2003, 9:52 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Ruthless B*****ds just sacked my husband

Originally posted by sky
Cant believe it he has just rung, think word got about that he was emigrating and they finished him before he could hand in his notice. Told him in a meeting this morning and used a variety of reasons why he had to go. Really bad timing ... will just have to pray that the house sale does complete on the 12th and the car will have to go sooner than we thought
The building industry is so ruthless in this country we thought he was fairly safe once he was off the tools and was a gaffer but seems not
Typical British employers - they are all b***tards - only in it for themselves. I hope the rest of your emigration goes better....at least if you get the crap in the UK, you should be free of it over here - we had an easy ride to get there, then the crap started...rather have had it the other way round - we may not have been on our way back then....

all the best , Rich.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sky, what a horrible thing to happen. Ruthless B*****ds as you say. thank goodness they didn't get word of it sooner. Fingers crossed that everything else goes according to plan.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:07 am
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really sorry

Perfect time of year don't you think
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

At least you'll be less likely to be homesick. They are b******s, isn't it great that you're getting away from them?
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Sympathise completely, happened to me once, you think you can trust some people to keep their mouths shut.....you can't and a lesson I learnt the hard way many moons ago.

Chin up, your've got PR, the house sold, and your hubby can help out with organising everything now
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Has he not got any grounds for unfair dismissal?
Has he had any precvious warnings? if not then I am sure that he might have a case.

Get as much from the b******s as you can,bleed them dry

Diane
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Sky

Very sorry to hear of that. Best of luck with everything else though. Food for thought for those in employment but thinking/going to emigrate - keep it to yourself and don't give the b******s a chance.

OzTennis
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Same thing could have happened to me although we ended up losing the bond on the house we were renting which just made it sweeter when we left Bristol. Hope it goes well for you anyway!
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Has he not got any grounds for unfair dismissal?
Has he had any precvious warnings? if not then I am sure that he might have a case.

Get as much from the b******s as you can,bleed them dry

Diane

I was going to say the same thing but if you are going soon then its not really practical from Oz.

Suppose it will have to be the brick through the window then

Keep positive - you will be out of here soon enough
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:35 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Sky - so sorry to hear about your hubby - it will make flying off to a brand new life all the more sweeter, though!

Don't get mad, get even by having time of your lives
Old Nov 27th 2003, 10:36 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Sums it up really. Even more reason to move away and leave all the poo here behind you. Keep remember that crappy stuff often happens for the best reasons, and GOOD LUCK.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 11:34 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone
Have calmed down a little now. The building industry is awful for getting rid of people just like that and we just havent got the energy left in us to start a fight. On the plus side it will make the last few months easier for me what with all the organising. When the hubby was on the tools we expected stuff like this to happen but not when he was in a managing position with fab wage, car allowance etc etc. And we only bought that sodding new car on the strength of this job. Im glad hubby kept the fact that he was emigrating to himself for so long but I think when we finally got the pr visas he couldnt help himself and did tell a few people
Praying that the house sale doesnt fall through now
Old Nov 27th 2003, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

steve0 is an unknown quantity at this point

GITS!! Sound to me like you have very good grounds for unfair dismissal. moving away is certainly not a valid reason for sacking someone, no matter how they dress it up. even if hubbys moving away was known to everyone one there, it should have been an excuse for a leaving party and not a sacking. if i were you i'd pay a visit to the citizens advide bods.

if you dont want to take any action and just shrug it off, then think of it as an oppotunity for a bit of extra time to get things sorted and tidy up the loose ends before you go. and if money is an issue there plenty of seasonal work around to held out over the next couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.