Rust on items

Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

should I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant futureshould I stay or should I has a brilliant future
Default Rust on items

I am sorting my tools and other items like bikes, camping chairs etc and some things have rust on them.

Will I need to clean them all and try and get rid of all the rust (impossible)

Can I just give them a genral clean and not worry to much about the rust

Or do I just not bother taking the stuff

Last edited by should I stay or should I; Oct 7th 2008 at 2:53 pm. Reason: mist out bikes
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all
Default Re: Rust on items

Hi,

You have to clean any garden tools/furniture, shoes and bikes etc with Jeyes Fluid. Bloody awful stuff, just finished scrubbing shoes, oh the glamour of it all!

Then try to get any rust off your tools and some suggest hamerite the tools afterwards. Not that positive on this so hopefully someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck.

Thanks all.

M
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rust on items

I cleaned (used the good old jet washer) my garden tools first then sprayed them with Hammerite, haven't worried too much about rust on smaller items, just clean off any dirt, dust etc.
I agree that Jeyes fluid has the most awful smell, my house stinks of it.