Wikiposts

Russell Crowe

Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
yes just like pommie Premier league soccer, hardly an Anglo-saxon name in the whole bunch....... MM
You have a point but that is what makes it so attractive to the millions that watch it around the world. I do not see the same happening with Rugby League, AFL or Rugby Union.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:04 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

MM
Originally posted by bondipom
You have a point but that is what makes it so attractive to the millions that watch it around the world. I do not see the same happening with Rugby League, AFL or Rugby Union.
just getting across to pete-y that its not only the Aussies who have adopted talented people, its a world trait, you have the goods , we will put you on the map. The world is a very small place, and the social engineers, are in control,backed up by vast amounts of media money, so every body has to grab what ever becomes available, sportsmen and women included, "winners are grinners"........... MM
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:13 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

yes just like pommie Premier league soccer, hardly an Anglo-saxon name in the whole bunch....... MM
Premier League yes, England Football team is English. The Welsh football is so desparate they drag in idiots like John Hartson. God know what Giggs though when he had to play with that thug. Bet he wished he chose England.

I went to the AIS last year and there were not many Australian accents to be heard. Very East European. I wonder if they are running a supplements program.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope not just like.. .

Bondipom was talking about players chosen to represent their country.

Premier league clubs ....... national team.

Comparing apples and oranges.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:59 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

MM
just getting across to pete-y that its not only the Aussies who have adopted talented people, its a world trait, you have the goods , we will put you on the map.
MM yes i do agree...

However, the point that i was trying to illustrate that i dislike is more the fact that aussie disown them so quickly.

You quote Rusedski. I don't really care who he plays for, but if he starts loosing (which he normally does) i wont walk around saying hes a canadian.

And also.....I was talking more about International teams, not the premiership and the like. Did you really feel that that polevaulter should have been representing your country, just out of interest?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

MM
just getting across to pete-y that its not only the Aussies who have adopted talented people, its a world trait, you have the goods , we will put you on the map. The world is a very small place, and the social engineers, are in control,backed up by vast amounts of media money, so every body has to grab what ever becomes available, sportsmen and women included, "winners are grinners"........... MM
One of the America's best basket ball player's makes 100 million a year!!!!!!!! he was charg'ed with rape.
Now this dude is the pillar of the community good husband (ya right)!!!!!
He said they had sex but did'nt get rough......... he had her blood on his T-shirt........

The wife is standing by her man (" Oh lets see how much did he earn last year 100 million!!!!!!!!!!!
Now there digging up all the dirt on this Kid she is 19........

Bet he will get him off ....why.... because he is the best basketball player.................... :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:52 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
MM yes i do agree...

However, the point that i was trying to illustrate that i dislike is more the fact that aussie disown them so quickly.

You quote Rusedski. I don't really care who he plays for, but if he starts loosing (which he normally does) i wont walk around saying hes a canadian.

And also.....I was talking more about International teams, not the premiership and the like. Did you really feel that that polevaulter should have been representing your country, just out of interest?
My initial comment on Russel Crowe, was tongue in cheek, most Australians are very aware of their, attitude to Winners, and it has become a national pastime ,all akin to the tall poppy syndrome. The pole vaulter you refer to is it ,Tatiana Gregoriava, ? if so her and her husband , igor speak perfect english, and Pete being a red blooded male and Coopers drinker, if she came Knocking on your door , you would let her in, her Dad must have been a motor mechanic , cos, she tightens my nuts ......... MM

Last edited by mr mover; Oct 11th 2003 at 11:54 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 12:23 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

My initial comment on Russel Crowe, was tongue in cheek, most Australians are very aware of their, attitude to Winners, and it has become a national pastime ,all akin to the tall poppy syndrome. The pole vaulter you refer to is it ,Tatiana Gregoriava, ? if so her and her husband , igor speak perfect english, and Pete being a red blooded male and Coopers drinker, if she came Knocking on your door , you would let her in, her Dad must have been a motor mechanic , cos, she tightens my nuts ......... MM

Yes thats the one MM, sorry i must have got my wires crossed, thought she could'nt speak a word of English......

And i think I'd have to let anyone called Tatiana through my door
Old Oct 11th 2003, 12:33 pm
Banned

Originally posted by PeteY
Yes thats the one MM, sorry i must have got my wires crossed, thought she could'nt speak a word of English......

And i think I'd have to let anyone called Tatiana through my door
Just out of intrest have a look here, www.tatiana.com.au ...... MM