Reload this Page >

rush hour commute times - Brisbane and the suburbs

rush hour commute times - Brisbane and the suburbs

Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:27 am
nmm
2 months until the move

nmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rush hour commute times - Brisbane and the suburbs

I'm trying to shortlist areas of Brisbane, from the other side of the world. One of the key factors is the rush hour commute time.

Can anyone please give me some indication of the driving times in rush hour from:
1. the gap
2. albany creek
3. kenmore

If you do these journeys, it would be good to know what time you travel. I assume that in Australia the rush hour is actually a 3-4 hour period and when you leave in that time can actually add half the journey time on again.

Also if the journey is any worse/better on the outward/inward leg.

Any hot-spots/bottlenecks on these routes?

Any possibility of taking the train from these areas? how long would that take? Are the trains reliable and punctual? At the moment i drive in the uK as i have to collect the children from school. I cannot be reliant on unreliable trains, though would have no issue on leaving a car at a train station and getting the train in - but only if i could guarantee that the train i'd want to get back would arrive on our around what i'd expect.

Thanks, in advance...
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:33 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rush hour commute times - Brisbane and the suburbs

Easiest way to find out those times is to use google and the 'directions' functionality on maps. Put in the required journeys and then look at what happens to journey times during the rush hour (Brisbane time) and see how it varies. You'll get more useful information than rough guestimates by people.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I would say 45 mins on average during RH. I can only say from Kenmore area. Can't say from the Gap or AC.

I live in Jindalee which is further out from Kenmore and leave anyway between 6:15 - 7:00 am and generally do it in 20 - 30 minutes.

The Legacy tunnel will be complete next year and that will (apparently) relieve all the congestion on the Centenary Highway (M5).

If that is the case then Western Suburbs will be a (really) good place to live as far as commuting is concerned.

Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:29 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

From any of those three you are stuck with the bus for public transport. Check out Translink for all public transport.

What time will you need to travel? I drive in from Wavell Heights to Milton at 6:30 every morning and the trip is 20-25 minutes: if I leave an hour later it probably takes 40+ minutes. Same in the evening: if I leave work at 4pm the trip is 20-25 minutes, at 5pm it is probably 40+.

The new tunnels (Airport Link, Legacy Way) will certainly speed things up but bear in mind that they are toll roads and not particularly cheap - if you use Airport Link twice a day it will cost you $44.80 a week, and Legacy Way is likely to be about the same when it is finished.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

stummo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I live in the Gap - I use public transport - I get the bus 6:30am I can get into CBD in 30mins - on the 8 am bus more like 45mins..

Thanks
Stu
Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Just note The Gap is a very large suburb with different parts having access to better or worse routes...can be very location specific.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

I live in Pullenvale, past Kenmore, and I can to my office in St Lucia in about 30 minutes in rush hour. My biggest bottleneck, which I can avoid with back roads, is on Moggill Rd where it meets the Centenary Mtwy.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PunkDebutante
I live in Pullenvale, past Kenmore, and I can to my office in St Lucia in about 30 minutes in rush hour. My biggest bottleneck, which I can avoid with back roads, is on Moggill Rd where it meets the Centenary Mtwy.
Yes, indeed. Can't see that changing really.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yes, indeed. Can't see that changing really.
Me either. Luckily there are other options to get other places but we did change schools for our eldest just so we could avoid this bottleneck and the extra 45 minutes on the road each way.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, we lived in Kenmore back in the day .. lovely suburb no doubt about it, but like the man said moggill road Bruce highway intersection will always be the same .. they'll build houses and then when its to late bring in the infrastructure.i needed to be at bp pinkemba for six thirty and had to leave 45 mins earlier. coming home was a bollocks especially if thered been a prang.... add 45 mins for rubber neckers. the gaps even further out with no dual carriage ways......does Albany creek have a train station? Were in north lakes now airport in 20 mins good day 35 mins bad straight on to the highway no messing. as far as getting to work on time goes most aussies are there half an hour before having a cuppa(construction) any way nobody gets there at the bell so to speak.theres a new train line going in at mango hill accross the anzac avenue,this will give north lakes quicker access to the city and property prices should feel the benefit next year.......... or so they say
Old Nov 29th 2013, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

sorry moggill rd centenary highway
Old Nov 29th 2013, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pome bstrd
sorry moggill rd centenary highway
Yes indeed.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pome bstrd
... the gaps even further out with no dual carriage ways...
??

The Gap starts closer to the cbd than kenmore...7km from the city...dual carriageway all the way...north lakes is 27km from the city.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Waterworks Road has a bus lane, which also allows cars with multiple occupants to use it. The bus is quicker than driving on your own, especially in the morning.

If you're on the 385 Bus Route the Gap is fine, with express buses every 10mins during rush hour.

Outside of that you're limited to a couple of express buses at rush hours and an all stops service at 30min intervals for the rest of the day.

If you plan on driving on your own, leave at 7am!
Old Dec 1st 2013, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Came across this recently:

[IMG]
PercentageOfJobsByPT by fish.2, on Flickr[/IMG]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.