Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rural/lifestyle living

Rural/lifestyle living

Old Apr 28th 2010, 3:53 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about
Default Rural/lifestyle living

Hello everyone.
We are new to the Aussie site and would like to ask you clever people a question.
Australia is a big place I know, and I have read that alot of people live in the main towns, where the work is I quess. But we would like to live more rural but still get to town and work. You may ask what town? and we don't know yet. Wherever OH is offered work as a Senior QS.
Do lifestyle properties exist in Australia the same as NZ?
Hope that doesn't sound a silly question,
Thankyou all in advance
Old Apr 28th 2010, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rural/lifestyle living

Originally Posted by gags
Hello everyone.
We are new to the Aussie site and would like to ask you clever people a question.
Australia is a big place I know, and I have read that alot of people live in the main towns, where the work is I quess. But we would like to live more rural but still get to town and work. You may ask what town? and we don't know yet. Wherever OH is offered work as a Senior QS.
Thankyou all in advance
There's loads of rural and semi rural stuff round most city and towns on East coast not sure about West.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:10 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pproehann
There's loads of rural and semi rural stuff round most city and towns on East coast not sure about West.
Thankyou for that.
Do you know of any good websites to have a look as I don't seem to be looking in the right place I think. Australias a big place and I don't think I,m asking the right questions.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:29 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for that.
Do you know of any good websites to have a look as I don't seem to be looking in the right place I think. Australias a big place and I don't think I,m asking the right questions.
gold coast hinterland

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/in-...ocation-search
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:16 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone.
Thankyou all in advance
it is a silly question, theres hundreds of thousands of them everywhere,
l live on such a place in country Victoria a small acreage near coast l would never want to live in a city again after living here. . try
realestate.com.au
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou for that.
Do you have an particular State mind? There are loads of 'country towns' so you really need to work out roughly which part of Aus and take it from there..
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone.
Thankyou all in advance
Lots and lots of places, we wanted semi rural and would hate to live either in suburbs and cities. We looked at places in Victoria, WA, NSW and Qld and finally settled in NSW drop me a pm when you know which state, would be only to happy to help.

Go to www.realestate.com.au and put in areas you are interested in to find areas research state by state and look on google.com.au and click the map heading to find the areas, there are masses of lifestyle areas that are far enough out to not have the mass of people/traffic but close enough to towns for shopping etc.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:00 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy66
Lots and lots of places, we wanted semi rural and would hate to live either in suburbs and cities. We looked at places in Victoria, WA, NSW and Qld and finally settled in NSW drop me a pm when you know which state, would be only to happy to help.

Go to www.realestate.com.au and put in areas you are interested in to find areas research state by state and look on google.com.au and click the map heading to find the areas, there are masses of lifestyle areas that are far enough out to not have the mass of people/traffic but close enough to towns for shopping etc.
yes l find living on a small acreage in county victoria much better then the city, l can leave my doors unlocked, no burglars out where l live, miles of great unspolit beaches mostly to myself, in the city l had to drive trough busy traffic to get to a crowded beach, really nice green countryside and fresh air, people much more friendly , in the city half the people in my street didn't speak english and would'nt give you the time of day. l have a regional city nearby which has most of the facilities a large city has.

Last edited by mohogony; Apr 29th 2010 at 3:16 am.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone.
Thankyou all in advance
Hello Garden Of England dweller, I lived in the toolshed for the majority of my 35 years in the UK ... Chatham.

Anyway, I second the Gold Coast Hinterland ... look at that realestate site thing and search for Buccan in Queensland and search no longer.

Semi-rural, space to move, handy for the coast, commutable to Brisbane or Gold Coast.

Job done, grab visa, get on plane, live life.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

JP87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Hello Garden Of England dweller, I lived in the toolshed for the majority of my 35 years in the UK ... Chatham.

Anyway, I second the Gold Coast Hinterland ... look at that realestate site thing and search for Buccan in Queensland and search no longer.

Semi-rural, space to move, handy for the coast, commutable to Brisbane or Gold Coast.

Job done, grab visa, get on plane, live life.
I would have thought most QS firms would be CBD based?

There is a list of charted firms on the AIQS website
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Thankyou for that.
www.domain.com.au as well as the previously mentioned www.realestate.com.au are the big players and both I think still allow you to specify acerage as a search criteria.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Do you have an particular State mind? There are loads of 'country towns' so you really need to work out roughly which part of Aus and take it from there..
No matter what state l'd choose somewhere in the coastal more populated areas rather then the more isolated inland areas. The gold coast hinterland sounds good but theres also plenty of great places further south in NSW and Victoria. Remember often different states have different climates so take into account what kind of weather you like when choosing where in OZ to live.

Last edited by mohogony; Apr 29th 2010 at 8:41 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:40 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JP87
I would have thought most QS firms would be CBD based?

There is a list of charted firms on the AIQS website
Indeed ... Brisbane CBD is commutable ... which is, in fact, what I'm going to do right now ...
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:16 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Indeed ... Brisbane CBD is commutable ... which is, in fact, what I'm going to do right now ...
And what a wonderful day it is ... a wander from South Bank over the new pedestrian bridge up into Roma Street Parkland followed by a leisurely read in in the greenery appreciating the fresh air with a ciggy (no, the price increase has not made any difference) ... what marvellous weather.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Bob Tonnor will become famous soon enoughBob Tonnor will become famous soon enough

Thankyou for that.
Hi

Heres a good website to help you figure out what services and real estate are availible in all areas, i have started it off in Coffs Harbour on the east coast, cos i live there! http://www.locationlowdown.com.au/se...offs%20Harbour

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.