Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Runnng round in circles - I am only after a blue card!!!!!!

Runnng round in circles - I am only after a blue card!!!!!!

Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future
Default Runnng round in circles - I am only after a blue card!!!!!!

I have completely had enough - I dont think I am ever going to get a job, no body seems to know what they are doing. All I want is a blue card so that I get a job working with children.

We have been here 8 weeks now and as soon as we got here I rang up the commision for children and young people just to enquire how I went about getting a blue card to work in schools as a teachers aide. I was then told that I couldnt get a blue card until I get a job.

So I therfore went about looking for a job and applying for whatever came up (which wasnt very much as I live on the sunshine coast where jobs in schools are very hard to find). 3 weeks ago I got an interview at a very nice private school, I really liked the school and the interview went really well. I unfortunately recieved a call later in the week however to tell me that they were really pleased with the interview BUT they were afraid they needed someone straight away and I didnt have a blue card. So I lost out just because of the card.

I didnt give up and started to look for jobs which were advertised for a later star date to give me time to get the blue card. I also sent my CV around to local schools. I have just recieved a pone call from a prinicipal of a local shool asking me to do some supply work, but as soon as he found out I had no blue card he wasnt interested. He told me that I had been given the wrong information from the CCYP.

So I have just been back on the phone to them and told them the situation. I was then informed that the Prinicipal had wrongly informed me and it was up to him to fill in the form for me to get a blue card.

Does anyone know what they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasnt going to give up however as I have just rang the school back up and told the Principal what I was told, and he has said I can phone when I have the paperwork and he will fill it in.

You never know I might be getting somewhere even if it is just a little bit of supply work.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:03 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Runnng round in circles - I am only after a blue card!!!!!!

not sure if your after info.. so here goes

http://www.bluedogtraining.com.au/
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
not sure if your after info.. so here goes

http://www.bluedogtraining.com.au/
I am after the blue card needed to work with children, I think we are on different things
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:11 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmal
I am after the blue card needed to work with children, I think we are on different things
must have different shades of blue... soz
ahhh...

http://www.ausdance.org.au/outside/qld/bluecard.html
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:14 am
Banned

Like this??/

http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/index.html
and this

http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employm...lications.html
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Yes thats the one.

Looks like I have persuaded the principle to fill in the paperwork for me, even if it is just for some cover work.

I was just annoyed about the way no one seems to know what they are doing and was wondering if anyone else had come across the same problems
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:21 am
Banned

Yes thats the one.

Looks like I have persuaded the principle to fill in the paperwork for me, even if it is just for some cover work.

I was just annoyed about the way no one seems to know what they are doing and was wondering if anyone else had come across the same problems
as an adult in australia, you are expected to know everything and make sure you comply totally, its not for other people to badger you along holding your hand and showing you the way...

FKN ANNOYING but TRUE
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:31 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

They should have the forms at the school so u can fill them in..pay the money and the school can get it processed...be in for a long wait tho...I have been waiting since the end of August for mine and its still no here
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
They should have the forms at the school so u can fill them in..pay the money and the school can get it processed...be in for a long wait tho...I have been waiting since the end of August for mine and its still no here
We've had a large batch back in the last couple of days which were sent to the Commission in August - thats for the Emergency Services Cadet Programme, so maybe yours is on its way now. Have to admit I don't see a lot of difference between the performance of the Commission for Children here, and the CRB back home

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 5th 2007 at 6:58 am.