Reload this Page >

Rumours of Home Quarantine for Arrivals to Australia

Rumours of Home Quarantine for Arrivals to Australia

Old Jun 9th 2021, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rumours of Home Quarantine for Arrivals to Australia

Hello all,

We will need to book our flights to Australia soon, likely to be arriving some time in October. As there are two of us, I believe the hotel quarantine will cost $4000.

Although we can afford this, it is still a large expense that we would obviously like to avoid (if possible), to give ourselves our best chance of success in Australia.

A quick internet search brings up many articles discussing the possibility of the chance to quarantine at home, with one as recent as April stating the PM backs the idea.

As I don't get the same news cycle as yourselves in Aus, I was wondering if there has been much discussion of this lately that might make it worth us pushing back our date to come over. Or in your opinion, do we just need to eat up the cost?

Some relevant details: I have until January 2022 to arrive. We both have been vaccinated (both jabs).

Cheers!
Old Jun 9th 2021, 7:57 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rumours of Home Quarantine for Arrivals to Australia

Originally Posted by Scoosh
Hello all,

We will need to book our flights to Australia soon, likely to be arriving some time in October. As there are two of us, I believe the hotel quarantine will cost $4000.

Although we can afford this, it is still a large expense that we would obviously like to avoid (if possible), to give ourselves our best chance of success in Australia.

A quick internet search brings up many articles discussing the possibility of the chance to quarantine at home, with one as recent as April stating the PM backs the idea.

As I don't get the same news cycle as yourselves in Aus, I was wondering if there has been much discussion of this lately that might make it worth us pushing back our date to come over. Or in your opinion, do we just need to eat up the cost?

Some relevant details: I have until January 2022 to arrive. We both have been vaccinated (both jabs).

Cheers!
Hi, can’t answer if there will be any changes soon, but I found this website very helpful in giving up-to-date info. Hope it helps a bit. Maybe somebody else in Australia knows more about your specific question. Cheers.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/healt...s-to-australia
Old Jun 9th 2021, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tum
Hi, can’t answer if there will be any changes soon, but I found this website very helpful in giving up-to-date info. Hope it helps a bit. Maybe somebody else in Australia knows more about your specific question. Cheers.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/healt...s-to-australia
Thanks, that is a useful link
Old Jun 10th 2021, 2:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scoosh
Hello all,

Cheers!
Hi Scoosh. The Oz government is currently modelling various plans to reduce quarantine restrictions for fully vaccinated Australians returning from 'trusted' countries, but apart from stating that a trial of any plan approved could begin within weeks there's no time frame given for implementation.
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...t-in-six-weeks

Plans are also being made to construct large, purpose built quarantine facilities outside of cities, to mitigate the airbourne transmission problems of quarantining in hotels, so I think it's fair to say that the government are still pretty committed to quarantining as a control measure.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Scoosh. The Oz government is currently modelling various plans to reduce quarantine restrictions for fully vaccinated Australians returning from 'trusted' countries, but apart from stating that a trial of any plan approved could begin within weeks there's no time frame given for implementation.
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...t-in-six-weeks

Plans are also being made to construct large, purpose built quarantine facilities outside of cities, to mitigate the airbourne transmission problems of quarantining in hotels, so I think it's fair to say that the government are still pretty committed to quarantining as a control measure.
Thanks Spouse, thats a hopeful article. Quarantine facilities outside of cities though... sounds like mini prisons!