Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rules for vaccinations in oz

Rules for vaccinations in oz

Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rules for vaccinations in oz

Originally Posted by IvanM
Adverse affects of disease can be severe. Murdoch sensationalism without proportion. Great for the ignorant who prefer anecdotes over significance.
Of course adverse effects of disease can be severe and vaccination is probably the single most important health prevention measure, but it does need the population to agree to have it done (unless it's forced on individuals in a totalitarian state). For the population to agree to be vaccinated, there needs to be complete confidence in the vaccination programme. I believe that the current system needs to be questioned, in terms of CSL quality control, manufacturing standards and reporting, how the TGA operates and in particular how the WA Health Dept failed to identify what was happening right under its noses. There should be a national monitoring system that works, so that if something adverse happens in one state, it is recorded immediately on a national system, with the same health information available to professionals and individuals.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Did you read the article in this link: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1226063484330?

Unfortunately, when adverse effects occur, they can be severe. Try to imagine being the Button family in Perth or the Epapara family in Brisbane. There were plenty of other families affected too, and there have also been reports of adults being affected.

One of the links I gave mentioned some unidentified black substance found in the vaccine . It is very worrying that the TGA and CSL's own practices are not good enough.
Did you see this, it's from today:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/ba...623-1ghqx.html

HEALTH authorities have toughened the restrictions on children taking CSL's flu vaccine, raising the minimum age from five years to nine.
After more than a year of investigating, the Melbourne-based drug manufacturer still cannot find the cause of convulsions suffered by children who used the vaccine.
Hasn't flu vax season been going on for a while? I'm sure there's been a lot of 5-9 year olds vaccinated since March.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Of course adverse effects of disease can be severe and vaccination is probably the single most important health prevention measure, but it does need the population to agree to have it done (unless it's forced on individuals in a totalitarian state). For the population to agree to be vaccinated, there needs to be complete confidence in the vaccination programme. I believe that the current system needs to be questioned, in terms of CSL quality control, manufacturing standards and reporting, how the TGA operates and in particular how the WA Health Dept failed to identify what was happening right under its noses. There should be a national monitoring system that works, so that if something adverse happens in one state, it is recorded immediately on a national system, with the same health information available to professionals and individuals.
Exactly! Governments are asking for people to trust them, and CSL, and their doctors with their children without putting in the necessary work first to make the system more accountable and the program safer.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Japonica
Did you see this, it's from today:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/ba...623-1ghqx.html

Hasn't flu vax season been going on for a while? I'm sure there's been a lot of 5-9 year olds vaccinated since March.
Yes, I heard about that lifting of the age limit on the radio yesterday. It would be interesting to know how many 5-9 years have received it this year. I wonder what the flu vaccination numbers for children look like this year compared to last year? I would expect a lot of parents to have held back, especially in WA.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Exactly! Governments are asking for people to trust them, and CSL, and their doctors with their children without putting in the necessary work first to make the system more accountable and the program safer.
When I listened to the radio yesterday, the presenter said that they had tried to get hold of doctors from the AMA and elsewhere, but no one appeared to be available, but the professor from ANU, mentioned in the Australian article, was interviewed. This item is being put up on the 6pr website, but is not available yet. I'll listen in again this afternoon in case it's discussed again.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 7:17 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

There's something out there.

Old Jun 24th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by IvanM
There's something out there.
Whatever...like I said before, hilarious...you should take your show on the road.