Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rules for them, rules for us!

Rules for them, rules for us!

Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Rules for them, rules for us!

We were in the city last night for new years eve. I noticed that the police were out in full force. Good nothing wrong with that.

But what i did notice was that the police were keen to stop the drinking on the streets.....except for the Aboriginal people, who they just watched stroll around in gangs, drinking and glaring at us.

I watched from a restaurant a group of white lads, getting told to get rid of the bottles they had...meanwhile, a gang of aboriginal men and woman drinking in full view of the police on the street, but nothing was said to them.

Are rules different for them
Old Jan 1st 2008, 4:05 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rules for them, rules for us!

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
We were in the city last night for new years eve. I noticed that the police were out in full force. Good nothing wrong with that.

But what i did notice was that the police were keen to stop the drinking on the streets.....except for the Aboriginal people, who they just watched stroll around in gangs, drinking and glaring at us.

I watched from a restaurant a group of white lads, getting told to get rid of the bottles they had...meanwhile, a gang of aboriginal men and woman drinking in full view of the police on the street, but nothing was said to them.

Are rules different for them
Yep thems the breaks, just think if you'd only been born black you could have drunk alcohol in the street
Old Jan 1st 2008, 4:13 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I would have pointed it out to them!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 4:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Oh, no need.
The Aboriginals knew they were drinking.....probably
Old Jan 1st 2008, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If the police had de-canned them then that would have been racist. Yup two sets of rules.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Two sets of rules, no I dont think so ! ! ! !

I mean, recent case in Qld, 10 year old girl raped by 9 men, all whom pleaded guilty walk free from court with no convictions. How does that happen.

Get used to it, it happens all the time.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:05 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh, no need.
Fool
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:27 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148
Two sets of rules, no I dont think so ! ! ! !

I mean, recent case in Qld, 10 year old girl raped by 9 men, all whom pleaded guilty walk free from court with no convictions. How does that happen.

Get used to it, it happens all the time.
The case you refer to indicates more than anything else the two tier system that exists here in Australia, even more so the judiciaries lack of understanding on how to apply the law when dealing with Aboriginal crime.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I really wanted to, but the kids were with us and OH didn't want any fuss.
Infact, my youngest was really scared of them, so we had to come home.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
The case you refer to indicates more than anything else the two tier system that exists here in Australia, even more so the judiciaries lack of understanding on how to apply the law when dealing with Aboriginal crime.
You see this is where you're going wrong.

Aboriginals don't commit crimes.....it's just cultural differences
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks big time and as long as it continues a proportion of the 'white' community will not give the aborigines the time of day.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:05 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh, no need.
Nutter..

Originally Posted by cresta57
Here, here. Cresta for PM.

It is against the law to drink on the streets in WA but every time I've been to the city in the evening I've seen Aboriginals getting drunk on the streets and making a nuisance of themselves. The last time I was down there shopping at night, I was trying to get across the road to the station while a man was swinging an old pushchair round and round on the crossing so no-one could get past him. All the cars were trying to back up to get away from him and the 2 policemen there were just watching. 2 women and the kids who were with him were going through the bins and hurling abuse at everyone who passed, while the fella was hurling abuse at her and the kids. It's just crazy.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:50 am
Just Joined

temmpest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
You see this is where you're going wrong.

Aboriginals don't commit crimes.....it's just cultural differences
LOL

so very true. However, us Australians also have the tendency to categorize all Aborigines into this group. They aren't all bad.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:10 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I really wanted to, but the kids were with us and OH didn't want any fuss.
Infact, my youngest was really scared of them, so we had to come home.
Scared of the police?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Scared of the police?
No, the aboriginals that were afew feet from us. They were looking at us and my little one was staring back. My eldest said to him 'if you carry on staring, they will get you', so this made him anxious. I was slightly intimidated as i never know what to expect...so we just paid the bill and left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.