Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rule change! Automatic PR for all UK ppl in Aust....

Rule change! Automatic PR for all UK ppl in Aust....

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Rule change! Automatic PR for all UK ppl in Aust....

Yes its true, check on:

People who are citizens of countries that belong to the EEA (formerly the European Union) are able to enter, live and work in Austria as any Austrian citizen would. The only requirement is that you register with the police upon arriving in Austria.

fantastic news!

more info here:
http://han.chung.name/austria.asp

Jay
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rule change! Automatic PR for all UK ppl in Aust....

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
Yes its true, check on:

People who are citizens of countries that belong to the EEA (formerly the European Union) are able to enter, live and work in Austria as any Austrian citizen would. The only requirement is that you register with the police upon arriving in Austria.

fantastic news!

more info here:
http://han.chung.name/austria.asp

Jay
Jay, I think most people are trying to get here, rather than Austria .

How did the contract on the unit go btw?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rule change! Automatic PR for all UK ppl in Aust....

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Jay, I think most people are trying to get here, rather than Austria .

sssshhhhh, I'm hoping that nobody will notice. The bonus of course is that there are none of those pesky roos in Austria

How did the contract on the unit go btw?
Well, we bottled out. I felt is was overpriced and took advantage of a clause to do with not being happy with the body corporate to terminate the contract. This was not hard to do as the disclosure statement had an extra zero on the charges(their mistake).

We are thinking of going to contract again and offering less...but I don't think they will accept less....so I guess we will suck it and see!

All the best,
Jay