Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup - Spreadsheet attached with TV times

Rugby World Cup - Spreadsheet attached with TV times

Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup - Spreadsheet attached with TV times

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee View Post
That's as may be, I'd like to think the current world champions have a chance however my point was that whether SA win the overall cup depends to a large extent on whether they come first or second in Pool A.

Buzzy
RWCs are knock out tournaments and as such get played a bit differently - psychology comes in - it is not - not a Super 14 contest. Even if many finals are decided by drop kicks due to their tight nature.

Anything can, and will happen. I think it will be one of SA, NZ and France and maybe Australia - because Australia knows how to win but their scrum is dodgy. I don't think England can do it at all unless they scrummage off the park and get some good decisions and a lot of luck and cannot be serious contenders like the aforementioned.

This time in 2003 there was a lot of whining about how England couldn't score tries which was utter crap - between 2000 and 2003 it was all England were doing. Now they are crap at scoring tries.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:06 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
it was the IRB who studied it, and the whole thing went to a tribunal..............so it was rugby's governing body but I get the idea......

Now I wonder if Northern Hemisphere teams have ever been involved in dirty play....................
No mate they just need to toughen up.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:08 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent View Post
No mate they just need to toughen up.
I was going to post.."toughen up....men lost limbs at war!"

But thought it was a little insensitive..................

Hows life with you mate?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:44 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Who Tim?
Yup... I remember talk about his time... basically they pretty much never saw him... always off doing the rugger thing...
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
Yup... I remember talk about his time... basically they pretty much never saw him... always off doing the rugger thing...
I never realised he was an army bod.....

He doesn't play any more, injury took care of that, and has moved into our village, he is obviously doing well as he paid £2.2 millions for his house!!

I think he is an investment banker now.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee View Post
Hello all you Rugby Fans!

Well as we all know the Rugby World Cup starts this week, so I've put together a wee spreadsheet for us all to follow it.

The matches are being shown in Australia on Channel 10, the match times on the spreadsheet are Victorian times, so residents of other states may have to make adjustments.

We will probably record most of the matches and watch them first thing the following morning, as so many start during the wee hours.

Enjoy!

Buzzy
Excellent. Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

mark and jo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
McCaw is also the biggest cheater in world rugby.
All this means nothing - it's how you do on the day that matters.
Dublin 1991 - ABs favourites. Look what happened.
Jo'burg 1995 - ABs were by far and away the outright favourites. Lomu was this great sensation. Look what happened.
London 1999 - ABs were cruising against France, absolutely destroying them. Look what happened. This is one if the best games of rugby I've ever seen btw.
Sydney 2003 - ABs again favourites. Look what happened. They handed England the WC that's what happened.

On the big day the ABs choke. The history is there for all to see.

Chokers.
What r u talking about? Sydney 2003 ? England's 2nd team would have beaten anybody. England were favourites by a mile.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark and jo View Post
What r u talking about? Sydney 2003 ? England's 2nd team would have beaten anybody. England were favourites by a mile.
ABs were favourites in their semi against the Wally-bies and they blew it.
Could the Poms have beaten the ABs in the final?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

so why didnt they beat the AB's when they played them?

Oh and don't start on records because I think we all know who has the best record.
err.. Australia.. won 2 world cups, finalist in at least 2 more...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:39 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Only losing finalist once me thinks in 2003...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Only losing finalist once me thinks in 2003...
Correct. 3 finals, 2 wins.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
Correct. 3 finals, 2 wins.
Still not bad out of only 5 tournaments.. the best record anyway
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:31 am
Timelord

Still not bad out of only 5 tournaments.. the best record anyway
Yup... and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lift it again...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Yup... and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lift it again...
stats show the host nation always get to the final. aus know how to win when its needed, but i cant see them getting past semis this time.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:39 am
Straw Man.

and I wasn't talking about the WRC, I was actually talking about their cup record.as I have already said to the Saffa I accept that on the day some ghosts are there on the big day........but when it comes to cups like the Tri-nations??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.