Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup - Spreadsheet attached with TV times

Rugby World Cup - Spreadsheet attached with TV times

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:54 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup - Spreadsheet attached with TV times

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
tell me how many islanders are in the starting 15.
Without knowing the actual lineup I reckon 4 or 5 would start out of a total of 7-8 in the squad. Like I said, the current team does not represent the nation of NZ - more a variety of Pacific nations.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Without knowing the actual lineup I reckon 4 or 5 would start out of a total of 7-8 in the squad. Like I said, the current team does not represent the nation of NZ - more a variety of Pacific nations.
all the same blood as far as most are concerned, so many Maori left NZ to live away over the years that its hard to define.

Its also worth noting that this has been the most "national" side in many years.............Choking isn't a Kiwi thing, its more of an Island thing, you only have to look at Samoa, Tonga, Fiji to see that.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

all the same blood as far as most are concerned, so many Maori left NZ to live away over the years that its hard to define.

Its also worth noting that this has been the most "national" side in many years.............Choking isn't a Kiwi thing, its more of an Island thing, you only have to look at Samoa, Tonga, Fiji to see that.
Fair point but international rugby (and all international sports really) should be about nations and not race or ethnic grouping.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:09 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I think whether SA have a chance or not largely depends on whether they or England win Pool A, and therefore who they subsequently play in the quarter finals.

Buzzy
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I think whether SA have a chance or not largely depends on whether they or England win Pool A, and therefore who they subsequently play in the quarter finals.

Buzzy
Win?

They will be lucky to make it through the stage!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Buzzy
Partly agree but realistically in WC terms the only 4 who can win it - Pacific Islanders (aka All Blacks), Wally-bies, France and SA - can all beat each other on the day. It's happened so often in the past.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:28 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Partly agree but realistically in WC terms the only 4 who can win it - Pacific Islanders (aka All Blacks), Wally-bies, France and SA - can all beat each other on the day. It's happened so often in the past.
That's as may be, I'd like to think the current world champions have a chance however my point was that whether SA win the overall cup depends to a large extent on whether they come first or second in Pool A.

Buzzy
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:30 pm
Straw Man.

What??

The All Blacks have it and you know they do.

7 Recent international pundits were all asked for their predictions on the result.................all 7 said...............The All Blacks.

Dan Carter is THE best fly half in the world.....Carl Hayman is THE best best tighthead...................Richie Mcaw is without doubt THE best No 7!!.......the list is endless, and we haven't even mentioned Rokocoko, Mulliaina, Sivivatu, Howlet.................

40 odd games before a defeat against SA, for a re-run. That's a very real record!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

What??

7 Recent international pundits were all asked for their predictions on the result.................all 7 said...............The All Blacks.

Dan Carter is THE best fly half in the world.....Carl Hayman is THE best best tighthead...................Richie Mcaw is without doubt THE best No 7!!.......the list is endless, and we haven't even mentioned Rokocoko, Mulliaina, Sivivatu, Howlet.................

40 odd games before a defeat against SA, for a re-run. That's a very real record!
McCaw is also the biggest cheater in world rugby.
All this means nothing - it's how you do on the day that matters.
Dublin 1991 - ABs favourites. Look what happened.
Jo'burg 1995 - ABs were by far and away the outright favourites. Lomu was this great sensation. Look what happened.
London 1999 - ABs were cruising against France, absolutely destroying them. Look what happened. This is one if the best games of rugby I've ever seen btw.
Sydney 2003 - ABs again favourites. Look what happened. They handed England the WC that's what happened.

On the big day the ABs choke. The history is there for all to see.

Chokers.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:56 pm
Straw Man.

McCaw is also the biggest cheater in world rugby.
All this means nothing - it's how you do on the day that matters.
Dublin 1991 - ABs favourites. Look what happened.
Jo'burg 1995 - ABs were by far and away the outright favourites. Lomu was this great sensation. Look what happened.
London 1999 - ABs were cruising against France, absolutely destroying them. Look what happened. This is one if the best games of rugby I've ever seen btw.
Sydney 2003 - ABs again favourites. Look what happened. They handed England the WC that's what happened.

On the big day the ABs choke. The history is there for all to see.

Chokers.
4 games in well over 100, nice statistics.

Mcaw? A cheat?

You are going to have to explain how the IRPA player of the year is a cheat?!

and don't get me started on the SA final!!!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

4 games in well over 100, nice statistics.

Mcaw? A cheat?

You are going to have to explain how the IRPA player of the year is a cheat?!

and don't get me started on the SA final!!!!!!
Big day.
Big game.
Choke.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all you Rugby Fans!

Well as we all know the Rugby World Cup starts this week, so I've put together a wee spreadsheet for us all to follow it.

The matches are being shown in Australia on Channel 10, the match times on the spreadsheet are Victorian times, so residents of other states may have to make adjustments.

We will probably record most of the matches and watch them first thing the following morning, as so many start during the wee hours.

Enjoy!

Buzzy
Thanks for the Vic time conversion. Do you know which matches are being shown and which are not? I heard only half of the pool matches were being shown and then, not all live. WTF? I would like to see how teams progress, or not as the case may be. What's the problem showing the other half? Had they released this (lack of) information earlier, I would have subscribed to satellite tv.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

What??

Here we go again.. i have a sense of deja vu here.. my monies (not much admittedly) is on Namibia They have never won anything so the odds suggest it is their year
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

For those of you fortunate enough to be in Perth, today's West Australian has a RWC supplement that lists all the broadcast times on 10 and Foxtel.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:21 am
Victorian Evangelist

This website has details of which are being shown on Channel 10 etc

http://www.rugby.com.au/default.aspx?s=rwc-telecast

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.