Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup - rip off

Rugby World Cup - rip off

Old Aug 19th 2003, 12:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rugby World Cup - rip off

Just been to the Rugby World Cup site to get tickets for England Vs South Africa.

It seems you can't get tickets for this game unless you buy tickets for Georgia Vs Samoa too.

What a rip off...
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:37 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup - rip off

Originally posted by renth
Just been to the Rugby World Cup site to get tickets for England Vs South Africa.

It seems you can't get tickets for this game unless you buy tickets for Georgia Vs Samoa too.

What a rip off...
This true the Aussies know how to hit your pocket , fancy a ticket for the final in Sydney only $535 each.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Rugby World Cup - rip off

Originally posted by renth

What a rip off...
Renith I bought mine on the 13th (18th to general public)
To get the quarter tickets (only chance I get to see Wales playing here in Brisbane - if they qualify) I had to buy pool matches to go into a draw - so I ended up buying England v you're a gay (Uruguay ) which I've sold. I wasn't drawn, but on the 13th they released tickets to people who bought pool matches... first choice. I bought 2 lots, one lot c tickets which is winner of a verses runner B (Australia v Scotland - it probably will be) and with it winner of C verses runner of D (England Verses Wales probably) . that was one package... I will be selling the Scotland V Australian ones.

Then I thought "b*gger this I'm getting some better tickets "B" seating" so I bought those.
Now I'll be selling all my C's (England V Wales, Aus V scotland)... the B tickets to the Aus/Scotland match... and keeping the B tickets to Wales v England for myself.

If you look at Ebay they are selling for way above the face value... so if you buy the "package" you will have no prob selling the tickets you do not want. I'm keeping my prime match tickets till nearer the game to sell.

If you want the tickets... buy them, sell the ones you do not want... easy

Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute
Angry England V S. Africa

Okay, in one of those one in a million chances, anyone got any England v South Arica tickets they need shot of PLEASE let us know. Just spent 45 minutes clicking arouund ticketmaster "Busy" loop which is all it took for the tickets to sell out. ARSE!
Agree it was an absolute RIP OFF about having to buy tickets for both games, but was actually prepared to eat beans for another week to see my beloved Lawrence kick some Saffy ASS..

Hmmmmmmmmm; anyone got any dodgy mates with tickets to sell?

Rugby Birdey
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:09 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: England V S. Africa

yes it is a stupid way they have done it here.
All I wanted was tickets for the quarter final here in Brisbane winner of c verses D (England v Wales prob) - to get these I had to buy a package - the package consists of both quarter finals... so now I have tickets to the Aus match as well which is unfair to people who wanted to see that match, when I don't... and vice versa... Aussies buying tickets to see Aus have England Wales tickets too ( this is all speculation... of who will play in the quarters, but this is "likely" who will be playing) . I even bought an English pool match for a chance to buy Prime matches.. I've sold the pool match which is surprising... it's only Uruguay v England

The RWC have made a pigs ear of it. Not to worry - I'll be selling my unwanted tickets.. with a profit. ... they are selling for stupid prices on Ebay... I suppose you could always buy them there if you REALLY want to see England v S.Africa

Anyway, what I am trying to say if there are tickets left for sale and you want one of the matches in that package... buy them, you should not have any problem selling the unwanted tickets to the other match .. especially closer to the cup .

Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Meee ttoooooooo bbiititisisirrryyyy

See - I can't even type now cos I've got RSbloodyI from clicking.
I'm sure I clicked first at 9am then got through the buy tickets bit to the Subiaco bit which said "not on sale yet - go back" then i got stuck in the ****** loop.

I offer my body, my husbands body and anyone who knows me's body for tickets......

Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:43 am
owieb

Originally posted by Birdey
Okay, in one of those one in a million chances, anyone got any England v South Arica tickets they need shot of PLEASE let us know. Just spent 45 minutes clicking arouund ticketmaster "Busy" loop which is all it took for the tickets to sell out. ARSE!
Agree it was an absolute RIP OFF about having to buy tickets for both games, but was actually prepared to eat beans for another week to see my beloved Lawrence kick some Saffy ASS..

Rugby Birdey
I've got 2 tickets going for the England vs South Africa match (plus the Georgia game which you have to have). Excellent tickets for England Section 145, Row R. Georgia Section 130, Row K.

I managed to bag myself Section 127, Row L for England, can;t believe it!

Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Birdey's obviously first, but if anyone else has 2 England-SA tickets to sell, please e-mail [email protected]. Just got back from Jumbo Bicton, where they served 4 yes, 4, people in an hour before the tickets ran out about 4 places before me. They had to take everyone's address to post special commerorative tickets so you can imagine how long it took.

Cheers

DavidW

Originally posted by Birdey

Rugby Birdey
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I'm next David so sod off or it's handbags at dawn....

Anyone!!!!!!

PM' me ........
Old Aug 19th 2003, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

so sorry, should have read the full thread, missed your attractive ticket offer - you're obviously next. No need for handbags............

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I'm next David so sod off or it's handbags at dawn....

Anyone!!!!!!

PM' me ........
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Probably a very silly question, but is there anywhere else selling tickets? I.e. other countries? Are they allocated different proportions elsewhere orare they all on sale here??

Loopy

(If I had a ticket you could have it!)
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

You get get them through some ticket place in America but they are about $500 each, dunno of anywhere else 'cept black market I suppose.

Ticketmaster is the official agent for it.

D
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

S'not fair though cos UK are still beddybyes. Better get the Quokka and see if anyone's flogging any and for what extortionate price.

Loops
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

2 for me too and I write you an IOU

D
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Loopy
Probably a very silly question, but is there anywhere else selling tickets? I.e. other countries? Are they allocated different proportions elsewhere orare they all on sale here??

Loopy

(If I had a ticket you could have it!)

Each country is allocated a number of tickets.... when you buy them in the UK, N.Zealand etc you buy them from an allocated travel dealer - ie you buy tickets wiith a plane ticket. (it's to stop ticket touting) If these allocated tickets are not sold... they then go back to Aus for sale to us.. (a n Australian residential address).

When I first applied ( the form was printed in the Sunday paper) , i.e I had to buy a pool match for a chance to buy a prime match... all had been sold (prime matches) ... but on the 13th (to people who bought pool matches - we are allocated a number) we had first choice of buying the returned tickets from other countries who returned them back to AUs ... on the `18th ... all tickets went on sale to general public... ie any Australian resident could buy. I bought mine on the 13th because I was allocated a number - first choice (an earlier date)because I bought pool tickets.

Hope that makes sense

All in all - it's a pigs Arse.... major cock up

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2003 at 4:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.