Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby Tickets - England v South Africa

Rugby Tickets - England v South Africa

Old Sep 7th 2003, 5:13 am
owieb

Default Rugby Tickets - England v South Africa

At last i've received my tickets for the Rugby World Cup and as I mentioned before I have 2 tickets up for grabs!

I did have loads of requests from people for them and thought that the fairest way would be to list them on ebay so everyone has a chance.

So if you are interested, point your browsers to:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=2191089642

Good Luck!

Last edited by owieb; Sep 7th 2003 at 5:44 am.

Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

mikeburt is an unknown quantity at this point

for fair,read "biggest profit"-no genuine rugby man would "tout"his tickets-shame on you!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:30 am
owieb

Originally posted by mikeburt
for fair,read "biggest profit"-no genuine rugby man would "tout"his tickets-shame on you!
For tw*t, read mikeburt's post!

I bought 4 tickets, 2 for myself and 2 for some friends.

My friends can't go so I'm selling their tickets.

Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

but you are attempting to make a profit out of them-thats just not rugby-as for the personal insults-pathetic!!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:43 am
owieb

Originally posted by mikeburt
but you are attempting to make a profit out of them-thats just not rugby-as for the personal insults-pathetic!!!!!
From one of your recent posts:

Originally posted by mikeburt I make a living sellin on ebay-honestly described items sell with no problems-if you talk a product up that doesn't live up to expectations then you will be paying the person back.
I tend to list things at a low start price which gets them hooked and then watch the frenzied bidding take the items to prices way beyond your expectations-of course it can work the opposite way as well-don't forget the listing fees go up dependent on starting price-make sure you give a guide price for posting costs which are in addition to the purchase price and wait for the cheques to clear before posting!
C’est la vie!

Last edited by owieb; Sep 7th 2003 at 8:32 am.

Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

I sell collectables,mainly stamps, that I have bought at auction,not tickets to rugby matches-wake up to yourself-selling stamps is not illegal,selling rugby tickets on is "touting" which I am led to believe is illegal-read the small print on the ticket!!!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:49 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Erm.

He paid for em.....he can do what he likes with em.

The end.

Mike......quit whinging. If you get in quick you might get em at a bargain price.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

tuppo is an unknown quantity at this point

If you win the bid you will be sitting next to him and can thank him personally
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

martinw is an unknown quantity at this point

For fair read "sell at face value" to another club member who didnt get the allocation you now dont want, or put back through club for reallocation with you getting money back - thats the normal, accepted, and fairest way!

Martin

Old Sep 8th 2003, 2:07 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

oooohhh lol
I detect some sour grapes here.

Just a few pointers:
The tickets here were for Aussies (people who are residing in Aus).. so if you are in Britian.. what's your gripe??

Everybody had a chance to buy tickets in Aus! .. so tough luck if you left it late to buy yours, or if you are in Britain... why complain? - those tickets are for Aussie residents - Britain had it's own allocated amount of tickets.
I bought a cr*ppy pool match months ago when they first went on sale to the public here in Aus (the forms were in the Sunday papers) I wasted my money in other words.. just so I could buy prime matches at an earlier date than the release date to the general public... Everybody in Aus could have done the same thing... we (as in Australian residents) all had the same chance to do that

no 3... I will be selling my unwanted tickets too on ebay (closer to the cup)... because I bought a package off the Australian IRB.. ie I had to buy both quarters in Brisbane to get the one quarter I was after

Tough luck if there are stupid people out there in a bidding war on ebay.

Yes it is illegal to sell them above face value... BUT if you list them at face value and people offer you more money for them... that's their problem.

Cheers.

If you want something.. you really should have bought them at an earlier date like some other people did.. we all had the same chance of buying them. It's your problem if you missed the boat.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:35 am
Just Joined

martinw is an unknown quantity at this point

Not Sour grapes - I wasnt going any way.

But system in uk is obviously different - you can only get the tickets through the allocation given to your club - ie you have to be a club member, and you apply by the given deadline. There is always more applications than tickets so each club has its own way of working out who gets a ticket.

Therefore if you get a ticket sombody else who did apply at the same time as you didnt - it is therefore in MY OPINION unfair to then sell them on the open market.

Based on the system you describe then it would appear everybody in Aus has the same opportunity to buy - and therefore reselling is possible a different matter -

Martin
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:02 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

In theory they were available but still tricky to get hold of. Trying to get on the web site was a nightmare. The prices were very steep as well.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

most of the tickets sold this way will end up in the hands of Corporate hospitality companies-the real fan is left on the sidelines as usual!
Mind you it doesn't help when the RFU have given their blessing to the clubs to sell on their allocation to corporate sponsers etc at an inflated price.
As for being able to buy your tickets via a newspaper advertisement-we can but dream-unless of course you are Welsh in which case they are giving them away free at Tescos!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:36 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby Tickets - England v South Africa

Originally posted by owieb
At last i've received my tickets for the Rugby World Cup and as I mentioned before I have 2 tickets up for grabs!

I did have loads of requests from people for them and thought that the fairest way would be to list them on ebay so everyone has a chance.

So if you are interested, point your browsers to:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=2191089642

Good Luck!
If I could go, I'd bid. I'd love to be there, but with the new baby there are other priorities. Hope you enjoy the game, it's gonna be a helluva day, jammy git !.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:06 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I don't know what you do not understand about this:

The pool matches went on sale( in Australia ) last year in October to November 2002.... almost a year ago!! (now you lot are trying to buy them a year later and saying you can't get the matches you want.. you should have bought them last year)

You filled out a form (it was not on the web last year, the application form was in a booklet which was in the Sunday papers) send it off, and first come were first served. They did it this way so the tickets would only be sold to Aus residents. You had to have an Australian address.

All people who bought a pool match then went into a ballot for the prime matches (quarters, semi, final etc) .

This year when countries such as Britain, France etc etc returned their unsold tickets., and also rugby clubs in Aus .. they went on sale to Australian residents... again first choice went to people who bought pool matches (we were allocated a number and we could buy them a couple of days before other people) .

What you see on the web site , is what is left over./ the dregs . you now have the last choice.

If you had wanted a ticket you should have bought them last year like a lot of people did, myself included.

Also In Britain, you do not have to go through a rugby club.. there are also allocated travel dealers (chosen by the rugby board) to sell the tickets... but you must buy a plane ticket with the rugby ticket ... it's to stop ticket touting.

Hope you understand now how they were sold.
no use moaning , you should have got out of bed earlier.. like last year!

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.