Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby, Rugby, Rugby. World Cup 2003

Wikiposts

Rugby, Rugby, Rugby. World Cup 2003

Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:59 am
WBB

rugby, nah that played by men with odd shaped balls........im a football man through and through

Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:06 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Might get lynched for saying this, but, after all the hype, it would make my year if England crashed out in the first round...

I don't reckon England will win it...they're not used to playing at night under lights, they hardly took anytime to acclimatise themselves out there and I reckon the homeland support for Australia could just tip the balance.

But what do I know. I'm just a girl
The hype - where?

not here in Aus, I have just watched the most boring opening game....I just hope Ireland do more tomorrow!

The aussies loved it of course.

I hope there are much better matches to come
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:10 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra
The hype - where?

not here in Aus, I have just watched the most boring opening game....I just hope Ireland do more tomorrow!

The aussies loved it of course.

I hope there are much better matches to come
It's Wimbledon syndrome (that whole Henmania thing, belying the fact that he's actually only an average player)...everyone's being saying that England will win thereby ensuring that they are well and truly jinxed and can have no hope of winning.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:23 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

well england have passion, but france have more! I like their style...

'The girl' raised plenty of good points. The lights thing is a good point.

Also, whats the temperature down there like now? must be getting pretty warm
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jandjuk

'The girl' has a name, you know!!! Which, for the purposes of this exercise, is Bundy

Depends where the games are as to the temp...
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:29 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Ymlaen Cymru!
Yes ok, so the words snowball and hell spring to mind but then I've never been a fairweather supporter (good thing really as we don't get very much fair weather!)

I hope with all my heart that England's supreme arrogance lets them down once again (that's why the grand slam proved so elusive) and they stuff up entirely.

Will be supporting Ireland and Scotland and Aus a bit too (depending on who they are playing!) I think I would like NZ to win which seems a bit of a cert. Don't know what all the fuss about France is for, they have been playing really poorly and I would rather hack off my arms with a rusty scythe than shout for the froggie scum.

Oh, while I am at it - "You can stick your f@cking chariots up your arse.............." hope your wheels fall off.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:30 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

wonder how england would do if another team intensionally took wilkinson out?
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jandjuk

Where is getting warm - it is still bloody cold and wet in Sydney - max daytime temp 17
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

PS What is with the spelling on this site?

Fidji???

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/rwc/fixtures
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:35 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by seang
wonder how england would do if another team intensionally took wilkinson out?
They could get him while he's standing there in a trance with his arms stuck out waiting to welly the ball...prime opportunity.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:16 am
Badge

Why are the English rugby mob acused of being arrogant? For the last 5 years Martin Johnson and his blokes have been talking down every game when the MEDIA bring up the subject of them being favourites...they have absolutely refused to go along with it..they have got so used to talking it down its almost funny.

listen to Johnson, after the Grand Slam in Ireland this year he was was hardly smiling, hardly celebrating, STILL talking down his side.....

of course, when the Welsh and Sweaties do well, it's "passion".

badge

Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
Why are the English rugby mob acused of being arrogant? For the last 5 years Martin Johnson and his blokes have been talking down every game when the MEDIA bring up the subject of them being favourites...they have absolutely refused to go along with it..they have got so used to talking it down its almost funny.

listen to Johnson, after the Grand Slam in Ireland this year he was was hardly smiling, hardly celebrating, STILL talking down his side.....

of course, when the Welsh and Sweaties do well, it's "passion".

badge

It is an insecurity thing. You tend to get it from little countries.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:22 am
WBB

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Ymlaen Cymru!

Oh, while I am at it - "You can stick your f@cking chariots up your arse.............." hope your wheels fall off.

lol

Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Ymlaen Cymru!
Yes ok, so the words snowball and hell spring to mind but then I've never been a fairweather supporter (good thing really as we don't get very much fair weather!)

I hope with all my heart that England's supreme arrogance lets them down once again (that's why the grand slam proved so elusive) and they stuff up entirely.

Will be supporting Ireland and Scotland and Aus a bit too (depending on who they are playing!) I think I would like NZ to win which seems a bit of a cert. Don't know what all the fuss about France is for, they have been playing really poorly and I would rather hack off my arms with a rusty scythe than shout for the froggie scum.

Well you know where you can stick your national vegetable.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:34 am
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
Well you know where you can stick your national vegetable.

yeah up your arse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.