Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby League: Storm v Raiders

Rugby League: Storm v Raiders

Old May 22nd 2004, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road
Default Rugby League: Storm v Raiders

I just thought I would remind anyone who may be interested that the Melbourne Storm have a home game tonight against the Canberra Raiders tonight (Saturday 22nd May).

This game may be of some interest for British league fans, as former Bradford Bulls coach Matty Elliott is currently the coach of the Raiders. There is some unfinished business from the last time these two teams met, so there are sure to be some fireworks under the lights tonight.

The game is at Olympic Park, which is easily accessible via the #70 tram from Flinders Street. The game kicks off at 7.30pm, and general admission to the ground is $17.50 (a bargain). You can also upgrade for a few bucks more if you would like to settle into a nice comfy seat.

It would be great to see some more new faces there, so if you have any interest in Rugby League, why not come along and support the Storm as they continue to battle away in AFL country.

The Storm's website is at: http://www.melbournestorm.com.au

Please feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I will be there - usually standing in the North East corner (just around from the big screen), and I will probably be wearing my black and white Hull FC shirt.

Cheers,

Steve

PS: If you are not interested in Rugby League, there is no need to tell us, just move onto the next thread!
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:09 pm
PommieLeague

Couldnt make it mate, no buses running from Manchester to Melbourne hehe

Good to see the mighty reds humilitated Castleford today!!