Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rudd - Prime Minister candidate material ?

Rudd - Prime Minister candidate material ?

Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rudd - Prime Minister candidate material ?

Would be the first to agree Beazley needed replacing. Long overdue.

But watched interviews with Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard dont seem to be a very convincing act.

Hes coming across as smart arse, totally full of his own ego, alternating with just plain rude to the media.

Gillards very disappointing, I had high hopes for women in australian politics but shes hardly Condaleeza Rice is she. In every interview she stands slightly behind him nodding and grinning like a agreeable 1940's wife with no opinion and I know australia is casual but maybe her her image does not help, badly cut hair and usually some sort outfit hanging like a creased sack, it just gives the wrong instant impression.

Rudd was calling himself the "dream team" more like a nightmare if you ask me, can anyone see any positives about them. Cause I reckon Howard will be laughing with this lot as opposition leaders.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:58 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rudd - Prime Minister candidate material ?

Originally Posted by jad n rich

But watched interviews with Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard dont seem to be a very convincing act.

Hes coming across as smart arse, totally full of his own ego, alternating with just plain rude to the media.

Gillards very disappointing, I had high hopes for women in australian politics but shes hardly Condaleeza Rice is she. In every interview she stands slightly behind him nodding and grinning like a agreeable 1940's wife with no opinion and I know australia is casual but maybe her her image does not help, badly cut hair and usually some sort outfit hanging like a creased sack, it just gives the wrong instant impression.

Rudd was calling himself the "dream team" more like a nightmare if you ask me, can anyone see any positives about them. Cause I reckon Howard will be laughing with this lot as opposition leaders.
Think you're right. Only seen them a couple of times on telly and didn't think they came across very well. Plenty of time for any honeymoon period to be forgotten before the next election.

Having said that Beazely was a disaster so I suppose from the ALP point of view any change is progress... My money's still on Howie though...
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:16 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the anti-Condaleeza would get the 'grass roots' vote because of her thick australian accent and 1970's styling.

Howard made a fantastic quip - ' The problem with their party is not the salesman , its the product ' , then went on to say how their policies need changing not their leaders....

Bit tough for beeezley having to do that press conference minutes after finding out his brother had died. Thats incredibly bad for the guy. Goodon him for toughing it out guess he had to go on stage or be seen to be running away.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Rudd is a PR loving bloke who will take every opportunity of seeing his mug on the TV.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:54 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Rudd - Prime Minister candidate material ?

It's too early to say, and I don't know enough about the man to make such a judgement. However, my first impressions are not favourable; I suspect he will offer more style than substance. He sounds like a man who knows how to work with the media and project the right image; I'd prefer a man who listens to the people.

It's a shame to see Beazley go, because I do like him. He's a decent bloke (and fellow West Australian!) who built his political career on good old fashioned experience and a surprising amount of credibility (for a politician). How ironic that he was brought back from "retirement" by same party which has just given him the flick

Nevertheless, it did seem clear that Beazley had lost his way during the last 12 months. I think his time out of leadership did him more harm than good. He had no real policy structure; he could only repeat the mantra "When we're in power, we'll undo everything they did and do the opposite of what they're doing now". Which doesn't really cut the mustard.

IMHO the Labour Party doesn't offer a realistic alternative to the Howard administration - and while I strongly disagree with a few of his policies, Howard's coalition is still delivering what I want from a federal government.

On a more sober note, I'll spare a thought for Beazley and his family tonight. It's bad enough to lose the leadership; but to lose your brother on the same day is a bitter blow indeed.

Have a good one, Beazley. It's a shame you couldn't make it over the line, but you gave it your best shot and that's what counts. Take it easy, mate.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:29 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Well i just hope he is not a bonzi (small bush) like Howard
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

...Gillards very disappointing, I had high hopes for women in australian politics but shes hardly Condaleeza Rice is she. In every interview she stands slightly behind him nodding and grinning like a agreeable 1940's wife with no opinion and I know australia is casual but maybe her her image does not help, badly cut hair and usually some sort outfit hanging like a creased sack, it just gives the wrong instant impression.
You've got to wonder why women find it hard to get into positions of power
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen

I guess the anti-Condaleeza would get the 'grass roots' vote because of her thick australian accent and 1970's styling.

Howard made a fantastic quip - ' The problem with their party is not the salesman , its the product ' , then went on to say how their policies need changing not their leaders....

Anti-condaleeza Love it.

The accents pretty broad isnt it, she spoke very little but when she did .

I just wish she would stop doing the "little woman act" its like she should be in a barbie setting with Rudd cooking the snags and her washing up

Even the portfolio part, she starts wimpering "I will be happy with whatever he gives me" god woman have a bit of balls
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just found this you cant cut and past the australian cartoons but have a click on www.theaustralian.com.au it will go straight to the front page and the cartoon

Medias dubbed the new era "Kevinism"
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:20 am
Just Joined

LLvibes is on a distinguished road

About her accent. I think it was in the News Ltd press where they commented that she's the only person who speaks with a strong Aussie accent in her family. The whole family's originally from Wales. I saw her on Australian Story several months back and I thought she was heaps more interesting than the bland blondes or the dumb blondes in the Howard govt. Well, more interesting and came across as more genuine than sneaky Bonsai (whose govt is not responsible for anything when s*** hits the fan because their eyes are too widely shut).
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:04 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

She needs:

Black boots
Leather skirt (short)
Fishnet stockings
A whip
Change in hair colour

"Come here little Johnny" as her slogan
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:05 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Ruddy or Bezel... its not going to matter much for ALP.
And when will they stop whinging about the running govt. why cant the propose and prove construtive team then their destructive statments and whinging...
ALP has spoled their image (my version) by talking very nastily about everything...

Ruddy is not mature to handle good guys in ALP... I am totally shocked; also Bezel too looked little childish...
sorry can only give 3/10 points.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Dudd in one of his news statements, after winning, said that Howard had gone "to a bridge too far" on a number of issues. But it was OK as he (Dudd) was going to go further! ????

As for great whites, you dont know where they are (alongside or behind you) until after they hit. Be warned Dudd.

Lateline last night showed the American Gothic painting after the similarly posed earlier ACA appearance at 6.30. Well I thought there were similarities.

WW

Last edited by wanderingwombat; Dec 5th 2006 at 7:28 am.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Anti-condaleeza Love it.
I am rueing the missed opportunity - i should've coined the 'Anti Rice'

beware the coming of the anti-rice
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:16 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The background murmuring is that historically Rudd and Gillard hate each other's guts and point in different political directions. How long...................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.