Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RTBA And Which Solicitor

RTBA And Which Solicitor

Old Sep 1st 2005, 6:29 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question RTBA And Melbourne Victoria

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have to move to Sydney for job and new employment.Sydney is very expensive place to live specially on rentals.In this regard I have to vacate my rented property in Melbourne,Victoria and break lease

My real estate agent want to claim more than 1 month rent from me???

Is there any solicitor or lawyer who can help me with this?????

Please suggest....

Thanks,
Syed

Last edited by smurtaza; Sep 1st 2005 at 7:01 am.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: RTBA And Melbourne Victoria

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have to move to Sydney for job and new employment.Sydney is very expensive place to live specially on rentals.In this regard I have to vacate my rented property in Melbourne,Victoria and break lease

My real estate agent want to claim more than 1 month rent from me???

Is there any solicitor or lawyer who can help me with this?????

Please suggest....

Thanks,
Syed
Hello

Sorry I do not have great news for you.

Check your original lease, but claiming a months rent from you for breaking the lease would not be uncommon. Plus you may be required to pay advertising fees on a reimbursement basis. Some leases would make you pay it out to the end, or until they have a new tenant. I had a property in Aus and this was the clause I had.

You did not say if it was your current company moving you to Sydney, if it is ask them to pay. You may find going to a solicitor more expensive than paying.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:12 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RTBA And Melbourne Victoria

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Hello

Sorry I do not have great news for you.

Check your original lease, but claiming a months rent from you for breaking the lease would not be uncommon. Plus you may be required to pay advertising fees on a reimbursement basis. Some leases would make you pay it out to the end, or until they have a new tenant. I had a property in Aus and this was the clause I had.

You did not say if it was your current company moving you to Sydney, if it is ask them to pay. You may find going to a solicitor more expensive than paying.
Good reply.

I agree, if it was the case a "company" was doing a forced relocation etc etc, they should foot the bill for breaking lease.

Unfortunately a lease contract is legally binding