Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RSMS nomination certified!!.. what next??

RSMS nomination certified!!.. what next??

Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Talking RSMS nomination certified!!.. what next??

Well, seems they MAY want me even with my zimmer frame!!

I have just heard that RSMS have certified my nomination and forwarded the paperwork to DIMIA for their approval (or otherwise??)!!

Not quite ready to hit the wine yet, want to hear it from DIMIA. Does anyone know how long it is before they contact you about your nomination once the RSM people are happy... Jeremy, oh man of wisdom on these things, are you there?...... or anybody with a crystal ball.... Reckon you'd make a packet on this forum if you could predict the future!!

Given how excited I got when the e-mail arrived, I reckon I'll need sedating if I eventually get the visa, the kids thought I'd already hit the bottle!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RSMS nomination certified!!.. what next??

Originally Posted by Seabird
Well, seems they MAY want me even with my zimmer frame!!

I have just heard that RSMS have certified my nomination and forwarded the paperwork to DIMIA for their approval (or otherwise??)!!

Not quite ready to hit the wine yet, want to hear it from DIMIA. Does anyone know how long it is before they contact you about your nomination once the RSM people are happy... Jeremy, oh man of wisdom on these things, are you there?...... or anybody with a crystal ball.... Reckon you'd make a packet on this forum if you could predict the future!!

Given how excited I got when the e-mail arrived, I reckon I'll need sedating if I eventually get the visa, the kids thought I'd already hit the bottle!
You should ask immigration questions on the immigration forum.

There are three stages to RSMS approval:

- approval of the job offer by the Regional Certifying Body
- approval of the job offer by DIMIA
- the visa application itself.

Applying for the visa itself is your responsibility once the DIMIA emloyer approval process is complete.

If you've not done so already, download and read booklet 5.

You may want to start getting your police checks done now. Also organise all the documentation you'll need, eg long form birth certs, get everyone's passport up to date etc

No-one can be specific about exact processing times except to say RSMS is fairly high priority in the usual scheme of things.

Jeremy
Old Jun 10th 2005, 1:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

This is from the DIMIA website........

Visa Grant Times
The following information shows visa grant times for employer-sponsored visa applications.

Times shown are the number of weeks taken to process 75% of cases for the six month period to the end of October 2003 (this information will be updated periodically).

Processing times are not given where there were less than 10 cases granted in the six month period.

Please note there are many factors which can influence the actual times taken to process individual cases, and the following information should be viewed as a guide only.

Offshore applications
Visa Subclass
Processing Time in Weeks

119 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

120 Labour Agreement

121 Employer Nomination

Onshore applications
Visa Subclass
Processing Time in Weeks

855 Labour Agreement

856 Employer Nomination Scheme

857 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

I've just done an Onshore 857 which took 33 days start to finish.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi there, i got my email from my employer telling me our nomination was approved so am in the same boat as yourselves, waiting to hear when to send application etc.
got meds booked, got all documentation ready and police checks, just need the letter in the post as you have to include this with your visa application.
goodluck to us all
Trish
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi there, i got my email from my employer telling me our nomination was approved so am in the same boat as yourselves, waiting to hear when to send application etc.
got meds booked, got all documentation ready and police checks, just need the letter in the post as you have to include this with your visa application.
goodluck to us all
Trish
Hi Trish

Have you also gone through RSMS or Employer Nomination? I gather that there's an extra initial step with RSMS at the regional level. Once the approval is given regionally (we've just got that bit) the application then goes to DIMIA to get their approval. How long did you wait to hear about the Employer Nomination?

I also gather from the DIMIA website that you can submit your visa at the same time as the employer submits theirs, so I'd check with DIMIA, if this is true you may not have to wait for the paperwork.

Alot of people on here wait for their medicals until requested from DIMIA. This is done on the basis that they are expensive and therefore DIMIA won't ask for them until they are happy with the rest of the application. This serves two things, firstly it gives you an early indication that they are happy, and secondly it can save you alot of money if they're not!! Really depends on how happy you are that your application will be successful and how much of a hurry you are in.

If my nomination is approved at DIMIA, I am going to submit my visa and await their request for meds, but then I'm doing this on my own and don't know whether I'm going to get relocation costs, so money is tight.

Just done the ringing round thing, and found it's cheaper to go to Birmingham from Essex and get the X-rays and meds done there than to go anywhere nearer!! The surgery also assure me my 13-year old won't have to have her boobs examined, unlike some poor souls have on this forum.

Where are you moving from and to? Good luck with everything, keep me posted.

Claire.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish

Have you also gone through RSMS or Employer Nomination? I gather that there's an extra initial step with RSMS at the regional level. Once the approval is given regionally (we've just got that bit) the application then goes to DIMIA to get their approval. How long did you wait to hear about the Employer Nomination?

I also gather from the DIMIA website that you can submit your visa at the same time as the employer submits theirs, so I'd check with DIMIA, if this is true you may not have to wait for the paperwork.

Alot of people on here wait for their medicals until requested from DIMIA. This is done on the basis that they are expensive and therefore DIMIA won't ask for them until they are happy with the rest of the application. This serves two things, firstly it gives you an early indication that they are happy, and secondly it can save you alot of money if they're not!! Really depends on how happy you are that your application will be successful and how much of a hurry you are in.

If my nomination is approved at DIMIA, I am going to submit my visa and await their request for meds, but then I'm doing this on my own and don't know whether I'm going to get relocation costs, so money is tight.

Just done the ringing round thing, and found it's cheaper to go to Birmingham from Essex and get the X-rays and meds done there than to go anywhere nearer!! The surgery also assure me my 13-year old won't have to have her boobs examined, unlike some poor souls have on this forum.

Where are you moving from and to? Good luck with everything, keep me posted.

Claire.
hi claire,

on the visa checklist you have to include in the documentation the nomination letter, as i havent received this yet i have to wait to get it.
our application was received back from the regional certifying body within one week and then sent to the local dimia, this also only took one week to get back to them and be approved, once i get the nomination letter i can crack on and send the visa application off.
we are going rsms route, ive got a job at townsville hospital so its made things easier, we arent using an agent either so we are in the same boat.
really dont know whether its better to hear from dimia before submitting application etc or not, druid has been great, he said we should hear any day soon from london and then they direct you as to what to do next. weird isnt it, kind of got to find your own way.
once all the paperwork is in place i shall submit the visa app, our meds are at maidenhead, for 2 adults and 3 kids (9,8 and 4) inclusive of xrays and all bloods for me and jim its £480 thought that was quite good.
jade would absolutely die if the doc decided to do a boob check on her, we were worried the kids would have to do the urine tests, but have been assured by the surgery that they wont....thankgod, it would have been messy!
anyway keep me posted,

take care

Trish
Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

stunsearadron is an unknown quantity at this point

hi claire,

on the visa checklist you have to include in the documentation the nomination letter, as i havent received this yet i have to wait to get it.
our application was received back from the regional certifying body within one week and then sent to the local dimia, this also only took one week to get back to them and be approved, once i get the nomination letter i can crack on and send the visa application off.
we are going rsms route, ive got a job at townsville hospital so its made things easier, we arent using an agent either so we are in the same boat.
really dont know whether its better to hear from dimia before submitting application etc or not, druid has been great, he said we should hear any day soon from london and then they direct you as to what to do next. weird isnt it, kind of got to find your own way.
once all the paperwork is in place i shall submit the visa app, our meds are at maidenhead, for 2 adults and 3 kids (9,8 and 4) inclusive of xrays and all bloods for me and jim its £480 thought that was quite good.
jade would absolutely die if the doc decided to do a boob check on her, we were worried the kids would have to do the urine tests, but have been assured by the surgery that they wont....thankgod, it would have been messy!
anyway keep me posted,

take care

Trish
Hi Trish

Andy and Jayne, who post on here, just had their meds carried out at Maidenhead. They were really pleased. Found them about £45 dearer for myself and daughter than Bham, but apparently from what I've read on the forum you're spared the boob check at Maidenhead as well. I'll probably have to have one as lost my Mum to breast cancer. Sounds a relief that you haven't got to chase the kids around with see-through plastic bottles!

Just checked in the ominous Booklet 5 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf (page 3), where it states that the employer nomination should be submitted "at the same time or before" the employee application, suggesting that we can submit our applications at any time after the employer has... Doesn't tie in with the checklist does it?? What it did specify was that our visa apps have to go to the same regional office as the RSMS nomination.

Will let you know when I hear from DIMIA, the paperwork left the Regional Body on Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Claire.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stunsearadron
Hi Trish

Andy and Jayne, who post on here, just had their meds carried out at Maidenhead. They were really pleased. Found them about £45 dearer for myself and daughter than Bham, but apparently from what I've read on the forum you're spared the boob check at Maidenhead as well. I'll probably have to have one as lost my Mum to breast cancer. Sounds a relief that you haven't got to chase the kids around with see-through plastic bottles!

Just checked in the ominous Booklet 5 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf (page 3), where it states that the employer nomination should be submitted "at the same time or before" the employee application, suggesting that we can submit our applications at any time after the employer has... Doesn't tie in with the checklist does it?? What it did specify was that our visa apps have to go to the same regional office as the RSMS nomination.

Will let you know when I hear from DIMIA, the paperwork left the Regional Body on Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Claire.
hi claire,

we are down in swindon so maidenhead seemed better for us than b'ham, certainly makes sense to try and tie it all in for the same place etc.
god its so confusing, its knowing what to do for the best isnt it, think i shall hang on until the letter comes through,got ours back with employer very quicky from the regional cet body, and the employer then forwarded it on to the local dimia, presumably brisbane (going by the booklet) i presume we send the xrays there too, which address is it, is the business address or postal address? think i should hear really soon, as stages 1 and 2 for us are complete,
keep me up to date, we can experience this together!!
on nights so my weekend pretty much sorted
take care

Trish
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

feel like a complete plonker, looked at my email from the hospital in oz again and low and behold there was an attachment on it, looked at it and its the nomination letter I need on the letter its states the employer should tell me to print off the letter to put in my visa application, they forgot
ohwell, got it now, so hope to get that sent in the next week
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

feel like a complete plonker, looked at my email from the hospital in oz again and low and behold there was an attachment on it, looked at it and its the nomination letter I need on the letter its states the employer should tell me to print off the letter to put in my visa application, they forgot
ohwell, got it now, so hope to get that sent in the next week
Sounds good, not surprised you missed it though, think the amount of paperwork involved could sink a rainforest :scared:

All the best

Claire.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds good, not surprised you missed it though, think the amount of paperwork involved could sink a rainforest :scared:

All the best

Claire.
rediculous isnt it, we were just looking at the all the forms we have to fill in and take with us for our medical, masses of it, it will take me a few days to fill it all in, let alone the actual visa application.
still, it will be worth it wont it.
any news on your nomination yet?
Trish
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

rediculous isnt it, we were just looking at the all the forms we have to fill in and take with us for our medical, masses of it, it will take me a few days to fill it all in, let alone the actual visa application.
still, it will be worth it wont it.
any news on your nomination yet?
Trish
Hi Trish

Still waiting. Just discovered that the absent father (never married him, real rotter and no contact for years) could mean going and getting a Court order. Not that it's actually needed, he doen't have parental responsibiity by law, but just because apparently most DIMIA officers don't understand their own policy! One person paid £10,000 for a court order!! Just written to the High Commission for clarification.

Will keep posting and smiling. Good luck with the meds... Where are you going for them?

Claire.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Trish

Still waiting. Just discovered that the absent father (never married him, real rotter and no contact for years) could mean going and getting a Court order. Not that it's actually needed, he doen't have parental responsibiity by law, but just because apparently most DIMIA officers don't understand their own policy! One person paid £10,000 for a court order!! Just written to the High Commission for clarification.

Will keep posting and smiling. Good luck with the meds... Where are you going for them?

Claire.
hi claire,

its never easy going is it for anyone, still hopefully they won't need the father in it and you will be ok.
were off to maidenhead, probably being silly, but feel really nervous about it
though im sure everyone else gets the same feeling.
where are you going for yours? or have you done them?
keep smiling mate, if its not one thing its another, just think, this time next year you will be looking back on this experience with your glass of wine in one hand and sun beaming down....and it will have been worth it.
take care

Trish
xx
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hi claire,

its never easy going is it for anyone, still hopefully they won't need the father in it and you will be ok.
were off to maidenhead, probably being silly, but feel really nervous about it
though im sure everyone else gets the same feeling.
where are you going for yours? or have you done them?
keep smiling mate, if its not one thing its another, just think, this time next year you will be looking back on this experience with your glass of wine in one hand and sun beaming down....and it will have been worth it.
take care

Trish
xx
Thanks Trish

Aiming to eithe go to Birmingham or St. Albans fro meds. Considerable cheaper at Birmingham, even with the 3 hourdriveit will still be around £100 cheaper for the two of us thatn the local Docat Southend. Plus both St. Albans and Birmingham assure me they won;t want to do a boob check on the 13-year-old. Already worried about it. Starting to think that it would cost £500 for a visa, around £300 for meds, so maybe I should get meds done first incase we don't pass! Silly really, I guess everybody on here worries about them. Andy and Jayne (sho post on here) went to Maidenhad and thought they were wonderful.

Good luck

Keep me posted.

Claire
X
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Trish

Aiming to eithe go to Birmingham or St. Albans fro meds. Considerable cheaper at Birmingham, even with the 3 hourdriveit will still be around £100 cheaper for the two of us thatn the local Docat Southend. Plus both St. Albans and Birmingham assure me they won;t want to do a boob check on the 13-year-old. Already worried about it. Starting to think that it would cost £500 for a visa, around £300 for meds, so maybe I should get meds done first incase we don't pass! Silly really, I guess everybody on here worries about them. Andy and Jayne (sho post on here) went to Maidenhad and thought they were wonderful.

Good luck

Keep me posted.

Claire
X
Hi claire,

yes, its alot of money isnt it, for the rsms its £535 and for our meds as they have to be sent to brissie, its £517 (they charge £6.50 pp to send) so better work some more hours i think!
legoman went to maidenhead and highly recommends them there, i must admit they do seem really nice when you ring up.
you will pass, think positive!!
got an email today from QNC saying they hadnt received verification from NMC, even though i paid for the fast track service at the begining of may! so been on to them today and they are doing another right away
also told me they need a copy of my marriage cert to verify my change of name! god, things are never straight forward are they! somehow in between all my nights ive got to get my marriage cert photocopied (do that at work tonight) and then go to the solicitors and get it stamped and signed! nightmare.
goodluck with everything, stay in touch,

Trish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.