RSMS - areas?

Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Scary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RSMS - areas?

Hi

Anyone know or know where I can find out about areas covered for RSMS visa? I looked at the Immi page and it says Melbourne is not included, we would like to be in Frankston on the Mornington Pennisula, would that still be classed as Melbourne?

Cheers Claire + Tel
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RSMS - areas?

Originally Posted by Scary
Hi

Anyone know or know where I can find out about areas covered for RSMS visa? I looked at the Immi page and it says Melbourne is not included, we would like to be in Frankston on the Mornington Pennisula, would that still be classed as Melbourne?

Cheers Claire + Tel
hi there, not sure of frankston, we are going on rsms visa, its has to be classed as regional.
there is a list of areas you can't go to on the dimia site.
If you can't get your answers there, ask someone like JaJ who is excellent with his advice.
goodluck

Trish
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Trish!

Thanks for that, i looked on the immi site but it just says "Melbourne" and i'm not sure if Frankston comes under Melbourne or not.

Oh well, i'll keep hunting!

Cheers Claire

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi there, not sure of frankston, we are going on rsms visa, its has to be classed as regional.
there is a list of areas you can't go to on the dimia site.
If you can't get your answers there, ask someone like JaJ who is excellent with his advice.
goodluck

Trish
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish!

Thanks for that, i looked on the immi site but it just says "Melbourne" and i'm not sure if Frankston comes under Melbourne or not.

Oh well, i'll keep hunting!

Cheers Claire
hi claire,

I couldnt find any definition of melbourne areas either, but as I said,if you put a post for JAJ or george lombard they will be able to steer you in the right direction.
goodluck mate

Trish
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:46 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers Claire + Tel

Did you download and read migration booklet 5?

Jeremy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Did you download and read migration booklet 5?

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Yes, it says

"All areas of Australia are covered except Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne and Perth"

I don't know if Frankston would be classed as Melbourne though.?

Claire
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, it says

"All areas of Australia are covered except Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne and Perth"

I don't know if Frankston would be classed as Melbourne though.?

Claire
Claire look at the postcodes they give in the booklet. Frankston and Mornington aren't on it. I went through every single postcode before I went out on my recce last Janaury! You can go to Pakenham but not Berwick or Cranbourne. Geelong is ok as is Ballerat and Bendigo. If you don't have a map with postcodes on go to a real estate website and type the postcodes in to find the areas.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helinuk
Claire look at the postcodes they give in the booklet. Frankston and Mornington aren't on it. I went through every single postcode before I went out on my recce last Janaury! You can go to Pakenham but not Berwick or Cranbourne. Geelong is ok as is Ballerat and Bendigo. If you don't have a map with postcodes on go to a real estate website and type the postcodes in to find the areas.
Hi Helinuk!

Sorry I think I may be being a bit thick, I had down loaded and looked at booklet 5 on line, and now have just actually printed it off in case i was missing something, I can't see any postcodes listed anywhere in it????

Cheers Claire
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helinuk!

Sorry I think I may be being a bit thick, I had down loaded and looked at booklet 5 on line, and now have just actually printed it off in case i was missing something, I can't see any postcodes listed anywhere in it????

Cheers Claire
give me a few minutes I'll look and get back to you
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

give me a few minutes I'll look and get back to you
ok here's the link, its all in "my favourites" didn't take long
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/regional.htm
Victoria
except Melbourne metropolitan area
3211 to 3334
3340 to 3424
3430 to 3649
3658 to 3749
3778 to 3781
3810 to 3909
3921 to 3925
3945 to 3974
3981 to 3996
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

WOW!!!

Thanks! Frankston's post code is 3199 and thats not there so that means it would quallify as an area for a RSMS!! Fantastic!!

Thanks Again!

Claire + Tel
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

WOW!!!

Thanks! Frankston's post code is 3199 and thats not there so that means it would quallify as an area for a RSMS!! Fantastic!!

Thanks Again!

Claire + Tel

excellent news claire
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

WOW!!!

Thanks Again!

Claire + Tel
I think Frankston is Metropolitan Melbourne! eg. Brighton is 3187 so not regional. You need to look at a map of metropolitan Melbourne.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

I think Frankston is Metropolitan Melbourne! eg. Brighton is 3187 so not regional. You need to look at a map of metropolitan Melbourne.
Hi Again!

Oh Good Greif, got all excited then but reading it again, the list is of "eligable" postcodes so if the post code isn't there i guess that means they Can't sponsor me on a RSMS I think i am getting myself more confussed by the second now!

Claire
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Again!

Oh Good Greif, got all excited then but reading it again, the list is of "eligable" postcodes so if the post code isn't there i guess that means they Can't sponsor me on a RSMS I think i am getting myself more confussed by the second now!

Claire
Claire,
I was told by an agent "Its the job offer that has to be "regional", if you want to live in metropolitan Melbourne there's nothing to stop you except the distance you travel to work."
The RSMS is instance PR. the only stipulation is you must be "regional for 2 years". We figure 2 yrs in an area thats not our first choice is also an option, then we'll move jobs and location of our choice.

H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.