RPL process

Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

karlbaker1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPL process

Hi,

Looks like I have got to go down the RPL route, I know I have the experience and the level of IT work thats needed, but Im not sure I want to tackle the forms as it looks a nightmare...

questions I have are...

1. Is an MCSE still valid in 2006 to put you into group B so that you wouldnt need to go down the RPL route?

(havent got an MCSE at present but maybe would consider doing a 14 day crash course if its cheaper than paying a migration agent to see me through the RPL route)

2. If I apply to ACS via RPL by myself and fail, can I try again?

3. Can anyone point me in the direction of a sample RPL application / where could I get one to view the CORRECT way of doing things? to see what they are after?

4. Would the fact that I held a 457 visa for IT in 2000 and worked in oz aid my RPL application? (even though now its been more than 4 years scince)

5. can anyone recommed the best RPL migration experts in the uk?

Thanks very much to anyone who replies!
Karl
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:39 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPL process

Originally Posted by karlbaker1973
Hi,

Looks like I have got to go down the RPL route, I know I have the experience and the level of IT work thats needed, but Im not sure I want to tackle the forms as it looks a nightmare...

questions I have are...

1. Is an MCSE still valid in 2006 to put you into group B so that you wouldnt need to go down the RPL route?

(havent got an MCSE at present but maybe would consider doing a 14 day crash course if its cheaper than paying a migration agent to see me through the RPL route)

3. Can anyone point me in the direction of a sample RPL application / where could I get one to view the CORRECT way of doing things? to see what they are after?

4. Would the fact that I held a 457 visa for IT in 2000 and worked in oz aid my RPL application? (even though now its been more than 4 years scince)

Karl
Hi Karl,

I cant really help a great deal but i am pretty sure that the ACS no longer count MCSE's toward RPL. As far as i am aware you can re-apply should you fail.

As for the others i cant really help - it might be worth posting this in the immigration forum, there are a few agents that scan through and sometimes offer advice.

Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:44 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: RPL process

Originally Posted by wargod
Hi Karl,

I cant really help a great deal but i am pretty sure that the ACS no longer count MCSE's toward RPL. As far as i am aware you can re-apply should you fail.

As for the others i cant really help - it might be worth posting this in the immigration forum, there are a few agents that scan through and sometimes offer advice.

Good luck
It seems that MCSEs and a few other qualifications are still considered as equivalent to a diploma.

The removal of their validity has been put on hold.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all
Default Re: RPL process

Originally Posted by karlbaker1973
Hi,

questions I have are...

Karl
Hi Karl,

Your MCSE will 'currently' qualify you for a group B assessment from the ACS, if you have at least 6 years professional xp (which you must already have if you where talking about RPL route) then you can 'currently' (lol) apply for group B assessment without having to go down the RPL route.

Word on the street is that the days of the old MCSE getting you group B assessment are numbered, however it's still a valid option to date.

Also it's worth noting the ACS added several trade certs in 2004 to qualify applicants for associate membership of the organisation.....so go figure?

Best bet, talk to an agent, sorry but I cant recomend any, my brother did use global visa's and was delighted with them