RPL Assessment

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default RPL Assessment

Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help? My husband and I have just been to emigrate 2006, hoping to be able to get into Australia, somebody mentioned to us about an RPL Assessment as we don't score enough points at the moment. Does anyone know anything else about this??
Many Thanks.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPL Assessment

The RPL is used where you do not have an official qualification in your employment field.

You have to approach the association which deals with your field or website and get the RPL forms. You have to fill in pages and pages to show what you have learned (based against their headings) in the relevant field.

I did mine for IT, as my degree is in Economics. Lots of bureacracy but worth it in the end.

Good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

I did one of these around 5 yrs ago, for IT.
A lot of work to put it all together and it took the ACS the best part of 12 months to deal with it, but it was all worth it in the end.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cyclemark
I did one of these around 5 yrs ago, for IT.
A lot of work to put it all together and it took the ACS the best part of 12 months to deal with it, but it was all worth it in the end.
Thank you both for you replies, will have another look at it. Cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:30 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KayC
Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help? My husband and I have just been to emigrate 2006, hoping to be able to get into Australia, somebody mentioned to us about an RPL Assessment as we don't score enough points at the moment. Does anyone know anything else about this??
Many Thanks.
Hi,

Give this a go!

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killassessment

D D
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Thanks D D
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
The RPL is used where you do not have an official qualification in your employment field.

You have to approach the association which deals with your field or website and get the RPL forms. You have to fill in pages and pages to show what you have learned (based against their headings) in the relevant field.

I did mine for IT, as my degree is in Economics. Lots of bureacracy but worth it in the end.

Good luck

RPL only exists for IT practitioners. AIM (senior managers) and TRA (tradesmen) also have processes for those without formal qualifications. No other skill assessing authority does, sorry.

Some people in IT who have degrees can get assessed by Vetassess in a 50 point occupation, if that gives enough points.